PDA

View Full Version : Got gauges need help Tinbender.

deadlyman
09-08-2002, 03:30
Tinbender I love your install of the gauges in the overhead bought gauges from dakota and sending unit need tubing for boost gauge and what size and also need to know how long the harness needs to be? I can't seem to find your post on your install have a million questions and can't type worth a crap.

CSDMAX
09-08-2002, 07:58
deadlyman,

Tinbender provided me info for install when I got the same setup. Once again, Tinbender, thanks.
IIRC, the wire harness' that comes out of both sending units are about 15 inches long. The wire harness' that come out of your gauges are about a foot long. These normally connect together, however, you will need about 6 feet extra to run to the overhead console. (Someone asked the other day how you get up there....It runs through the fuse box, up the A pillar, and across the headliner to your overhead console.) The wire size for the sending units is very small, probably 22 gauge. There are three wires for the boost and four wires for the EGT. The positive (red) wire is 18 gauge. The negative (black) and illum. (blue) wires are also 22 gauge. The tubing needed for the boost sending unit is 1/8" ID. I picked up 7 feet to be safe and timmed to about 6 feet. You will also need a vacuum tee. 1/4" on both sides for wastegate line and 1/8" to tee off to your tubing running to sender.

FYI, you can download the installation instructions from the web or I can send them to you as well. Reply with your email and I will send them to you. Don't forget to check out Jim Begley's article "Got Gauges" for addtl install info.

Rgds,
Don

deadlyman
09-08-2002, 08:23
Csdmax thanks my e-mail is rode@cfl.rr.com

Tinbender
09-08-2002, 21:13
Deadlyman,
Sorry I didn't get back to you,but CSDMAX seems to have taken care of things. THANKS! I was putting togather a couple of kits for other members. They go to the big brown truck on Monday for delivery. If you nedd more help: jenisrc@att.net :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob