PDA

View Full Version : gauge sensor placement

Paul Amestoy
07-27-2004, 08:09
You would think that I should have put gauges on my suburban years ago...but I didn't I now have ordered them and need to know where the sensors should go.... I have Oil Temp, Boost, and Pyro.
I would also like to put a switch in to check the trany temp along with the engine oil....
So I now have 165K....Original Water pump...all else external has been replaced... I am thinking of keeping it for a couple more years.... the larger exhaust and K&N has made a HUGE difference

woodchuck
07-27-2004, 09:56
Hello Paul,
I just installed gauges on my 92 6.5L. The Pyro sensor went in the driver's side of the crossover pipe, attached with the "hose clamp" that came with the set. The trans temp sensor went in the pressure test port on the drivers side of the transmission. Instilation was quite easy, and by instaling the pyro in the crossover pipe I didn't have to try anything fancy like drilling the hole with the engine running or anything. The pipe comes off and reinstalls quite easily. I kikn't put in a boost gauge yet, maybe later.
Have a great day.

Fredeberle
07-29-2004, 05:11
Hi Paul,
You didn't mention if you have the pre or post turbo gauge.
For the boost installation, diesel injection service has a great photo in their install guides.
Hope this helps.
Fred