PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry with manual locks?

Swayse
09-12-2002, 12:35
This my first truck in a while with no keyless entry and no electric locks. I would like to add this to my truck and need any advice ya'll can give. I might even spring for remote start. I wouldn't mind doing the install my self, as long as there are some good instructions.

Curcuit City wanted $300 just for keyless installed.

GMC D-Max
09-12-2002, 13:39
$300 sounds cheap, considering your truck does not have the required solenoids to electrically lock/unlock your doors. A typical alarm system will tap into the solenoids (or the relays that operate them) on a vehicle equipped with power door locks, but without them, it's quite a bit more involved to do. I'd do some more checking around besides Circuit City, though. Try to find a vehicle accessory store, or a reputable mobile audio/security shop.

dmaxster
09-12-2002, 22:10
I just did a job on a PT cruiser.....I had add the electric door Locks and make the install for keyless entry....this was a 4 door.....I had charged the lady 300.00 for the job.....this had included adding electric door locks and also installing the keyless entry.....the job took me about 3 hrs to do complete.....I do all my work myself no one to help me....so it does take a little longer but hey what you going to do.....it's not bad.....the instructions were very complete on the units I use.....and fairly reasonable on price.....and also comes all complete no adding relays for the keyless were needed....the kit is very complete....if anyone wants them....they are compatible on any or most vehicles...like I say they are very complete and well drawn schematics.....mail me at madenterprises@itol.com well good luck.....dmaxster :cool:

[ 09-13-2002: Message edited by: dmaxster ]</p>

Swayse
09-13-2002, 07:55
How much would remote start add to the price? Sounds like you know what you are doing. I woundn't mind paying someone to install if I knew the job would be done right. I'd hate to get it installed and have a wiring related problems for the rest of the life of the truck.

dmaxster
09-13-2002, 16:45
Due to the wording on the post above I had to edit it.....but the long and short of it, it's probably better.....I wasn't supposed to mention any pricing or selling on the forum which I guess is a good thing.....otherwise it's just a billboard....so if you have any quesions mail me at madenterprises@itol.com thanks dmaxster :cool: