PDA

View Full Version : Showing off that Duramax power!

3TV
09-13-2002, 21:05
This is too good not to share. My father has owned a Powerstroke superduty Ford for the last two years, and has given me a never ending line of grief about my Cummins Dodge not being able to keep up. A month ago I sold the Dodge and bought the new Duramax Chevy, and what was his response ... ? That I had gone from bad to worse, and that there was just no way a Chevy diesel would have the power or speed that my Cummins had had, let alone what a Powerstroke had. Ok, thanks for the vote of confidence Dad :rolleyes:

Well tonight I get home from work and both of my parents have come over to my house for my birthday. My dad needs to borrow one of our three vehicles to run downtown to pick up some stuff, and doesn't want to use his Ford van he had driven to my place because it has a utility trailer hooked to it. My wife had birthday plans for me tonight (my birthday and all), so dad wants to just run downtown real quick, and plans on being back in fifteen minutes to join the birthday party plans. I stay home with the rest of the family, and innocently toss dear old dad the keys to my Duramax.

Twenty minutes later he gets back, and when handing me the keys back, and standing there just staring at my truck, he mutters something about "they sure did pick up the power on these new Chevys". Then we get to talking about the Duramax, and it turns out he is just blown away. The power is "night and day" more than his Powerstroke. He says all he has to do is give my truck 1/3 throttle, and it "PUTS HIM RIGHT BACK IN THE SEAT"! He cannot believe the difference between my Chevy and his Ford he says, and takes back everything he said about the new Chevy trucks not having any power.

His Powerstroke is stock.

I suppose I should have mentioned that my truck had been juiced, and that it was set on level 4. Naw, ... why ruin a perfect moment, and a great birthday. I'm such a stinker, LOL.

3TV

[ 09-13-2002: Message edited by: 3TV ]</p>

Maverick
09-13-2002, 22:00
Ha Ha.....good one. If he only new right!? But like you said "why ruin a perfect moment".

ndamico
09-14-2002, 01:00
Good one! That's like one of those mastercard commercials.

Duramax Diesel Truck - $40,000

Edge Juice Box on Level 4 - $700

Dad drooling in delight over your new Chevy after talking smack about it - Priceless!

SoCalDMAX
09-14-2002, 22:16
LOL!! :D

I was laughing so hard at the end of your post, the wife came in to find out what I was reading!

Wait till he finds out you're probably getting better mileage as well... ;)

Regards, Steve

Alli-max
09-17-2002, 08:22
"LOL!!
I was laughing so hard at the end of your post, the wife came in to find out what I was reading!

Wait till he finds out you're probably getting better mileage as well...

Regards, Steve "

I doubt that.... most guys I talk to are getting the best mileage if they have a PS. But you never know how BIG those stories might be.... :D :D

HDLD
10-08-2002, 20:29
That's a great story. Re-read it again tonight and laughed just as hard the 2nd time...