PDA

View Full Version : Running boards?

3TV
09-14-2002, 14:05
Anyone know of a good on line site to choose a pair of running boards from? I would like to look at as many different makes as possible.

Thanks,
3TV

DMAX Daddy
09-14-2002, 22:31
I love the Smittybuilt ones, had lots of good luck with them, but unfortunately the place I ordered them from "knew more than me" and sent me the wrong part number.... :mad:

Once I get the new ones (any day now) Ill post pictures.

Ill also post my "fun" with this place. I wont recommend them, thats for sure. tongue.gif

Norquist
09-15-2002, 06:10
My 2001 2500 c/c has Star Boards on it. There made so you can't see the frame when looking at the truck from a distance. I put lights on them and connected them with the courtsy lights. Pretty cool looking.

[ 09-15-2002: Message edited by: Norquist ]</p>

txguppy
09-15-2002, 12:27
3TV, try Summit online. They have an extensive truck acc. section. Also, TNT truck accessories has a good site.

txguppy

Kiwi1
09-15-2002, 20:04
I have one-piece (from front to rear wheel) AeroTech fiberglass boards and love them. They are made in Lincoln, NE (will get their name if interested) and are pre-ordered only because of needing to be impregnated with the truck's color. Particularly like the way these boards hide the view of the chassis and don't hang down far at all. Cost $450 and installed them myself in a couple of hours.

Email contact if you want more info is, cliveholland@mchsi.com

Jomar
09-15-2002, 21:19
I went with the Luverne SS. I like them quite well. They come with entry lighting if you like that idea, and they are available online. I would have to find my paperwork for the site. let me know if you`re interested.

Jomar

Heartbeat Hauler
09-16-2002, 15:44
With all due respects, make sure you test fit the Luvernes before you install them. I put a set on my 01 dually (installed prof.)and there was very little board to actually step on. I will say that they looked pretty cool, but for me, looks are secondary and function primary. I ended up with a set of Owens Glastep boards.

http://www.owens-pro.com/newglastepchevy.html

If I ever get another set I think I will go with a set of custom made diamond tread. Good luck
and shop wisely for this product.
JP

Kennedy
09-16-2002, 22:33
www.icionline.com is what I chose...

Diesel Dad
09-17-2002, 05:33
I have the J&J Enterprises stainless steel boards on my 3500 and they are great. The link is:
http://www.j-jent.com/rbmilcla.html

My 2500HD had Deflectashield Trailback running boards. I would not recommend them or an board that is closed at both ends since it is too hard to wash or rinse sand off (the end caps trap the sand). The link is:
http://www.deflectashield.com/products/boards/trailback.html

mackey_62
09-17-2002, 05:53
3TV,

Try Autostyles.com. Got my deezee fx blacktread cab and box boards there about $400 total.
Real happy w/them. Very solid, needed something to reach into toolbox being vertically challenged.
Did have to add a brace to box boards. I'm only 160# but sure they'd take 300# no problem.

chipper
09-17-2002, 08:52
I got my fiberglass bumper to bumper from &lt;&lt;www.prestigous1.com&gt;&gt; in Tyler ,Tx for about $240 + frt unpainted. They look REAL sharp. :cool:

woundedbear
09-17-2002, 09:40
kennedy,

I checked out www.icionline.com and the stainless boards look real nice. Where did you purchase them? How much were they? Are they sturdy? Easy istallation? Any pics available? Did you get the box boards, also? Square edge or tapered edge?

As you can tell, from what I've seen on the website, I'm impressed. I would just like to know more. Any information would be appreciated.

Kennedy
09-17-2002, 16:23
Woundedbear

I bought the tapered cab boards only. Purchased direct as a dealer. Very sturdy, brackets were not correct, but I modified to fit. I think I got one of the first sets for the HD crew cab so hopefully this has been corrected. Box sections not available at the time of purchase, but now I don't want them anyhow.

Haven't really got any pics yet.

Burner
09-17-2002, 17:14
I have the ICI, as well. I think that they make a good products. I have the wheel to wheel SS step bars. They seem to have the best mounts around. I, as Kennedy, had gotten the "first run" sets. Everything bolted up just right....except for the last step. The last step (of three) is too close to the cab. This makes it difficult to use while getting tools out of my 117 WeatherGuard toolbox. They are so strong and helpful that I have yet to complane to ICI about the step.

Burner

Kennedy
09-17-2002, 17:57
My other major "knock" to them was why does a company specializing in 300 grade stainless weld mild steel braces and use mild steel brackets/hardware :rolleyes:

woundedbear
09-18-2002, 07:11
Thanks for the replies kennedy and Burner! ICI definitely seems like they make a quality product. It even looks like they have a dealer near me in West Allis. I have bookmarked the site for a later date because I plan on installing boards at the same time I replace the OEM tires with 255/85's. Until then, I'll keep my ears open for other board manufacturers, too.

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: woundedbear ]</p>

ccds
09-18-2002, 17:29
Diesel Dad

ordered a set of the new New "Millennium" Boards
from J&J they look awesome.

Thanks for the link

smile.gif