PDA

View Full Version : lucerix replacement?

Buck
07-06-2002, 01:32
I called lucerix 2 weeks ago about excessive vibrations in the right side mirror. Today I got a new piece of glass, didn't help! Called back today talked to a sales rep. told me they will send a complete right side mirror. Now that is service smile.gif almost every place that I have ever had to deal with about warranty issues has whined and fussed about something! However, I would never trade these mirrors for anything on the market now!

Maverick
07-06-2002, 12:23
I called Lucerix because my drivers side heated glass quite working. I called them in late March and am still waiting for the replacement mirror they said they were going to send me. Why always me. Why?

Ironhead
07-06-2002, 18:06
Maverick, I waited over a month after they said they would send me some shims and the tool. So I sent an email waited a few more days with no response and then sent another mentioning this page and I also cc copied the General manager. I got a response in less than 24 hours. They apoligized for the delay and said would send a new set of mirrors. It took 7 days from then to get them.
They are just as shakey as the first set though.

FirstDiesel
07-06-2002, 19:45
I'm wondering what shake you guys are experiencing with these mirrors. I just installed mine Thursday night. The seems to have a little bit of shimmy, I hesitate to call it a shake, when I get to around 50-60 MPH. Below that I can see any difference between them and the stock mirrors. The movement I'm seeing at highway speeds seems to be coming from the air drag these big mirrors create.

IndigoDually
07-08-2002, 11:20
My mirrors hold a ton of water. After I wash the truck they leak water everywhere for a long time. It splatters everywhere, down the door across the doors, rear fenders, etc.

Anyone else run into this?

John

CSDMAX
07-08-2002, 11:27
IndigoDually,

Drill a small hole in the bottom of the mirror body where it holds the most water. Just be careful not to hit any of the wiring. It will then siphon out when it fills up. Easy fix. :D

Diesel Girl
07-10-2002, 12:34
I had troubles with the drivers side mirror glass vibrating like crazy but the passenger side only moved slightly (which is to be expected sticking out like they do). Had to call Lucerix 3 times before finally getting a new glass and removal tool (all for free). My SO did the change this weekend and it's much better. Just a slight wiggle like the passenger side.

They said that in the manufacturing process the glass doesnt always get pressed into the housing correctly which causes the vibration.

I also added some convex blind spot mirrors - about 3in X 2in rectangular - and they helped tons. I had huge blind spots but its mostly cause I'm short.

dmaxster
07-11-2002, 16:27
had problems after braking one and called kennedy and then called factory, no problem had it within two to three weeks.....they are great....dmaxster :cool: