PDA

View Full Version : I got new wheels and tires

BassinRVer
05-29-2003, 18:06
Click link to see. They are the Trxus MT Tires 34x16x12.50 with American Eagle 16x10 rims. Both tires and rims are rated above 3400 LBS.

http://www.pbase.com/rjctamu/inbox

[ 06-02-2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: BassinRVer ]

conradv
05-29-2003, 18:46
I like em.

Are they noisy, and have you had em in the mud yet?

Silver Bullet
05-30-2003, 08:06
Looks Good!

NEAB
05-30-2003, 14:32
Truck looks great!!

Did you have to raise the truck for the 34" wheels? Do the wheels have the same factory offset, or did you increase the offset to provide greater clearance to the frame? Can you still maintain the same turning diameter? Was the engine and speedometer recalibrated for the larger tires?

The lowering of the rpm at higher speeds with the larger tires should put you into a more economical range for the engine if not reprogrammed for the larger diameter. Did you notice any difference in your miles per gallon?

Noise with the tread confiuration is a question. Could you provide some feedback on this point.

BassinRVer
05-31-2003, 14:44
I got 4.50 inch backspacing and as you can see they stick out. The tires are quite beleived it or not. They are barely adubile at 45 and above that I do not hear them. I am still running the same factory setting with no isse that I know about. I do have the predator 1.04 but have not installed the non performance tune yet. I have two inch keyways in the front and one inch blocks in the rear. I have not torched the torsion bars. I did move the front bumber two inches forward and tirmed the wheel well cover greatly. I have the 4.10 gears to replace the 3.73 if I decide I need to install them. I have not towed with the new tires yet so I do not know if I will have any issues with the bigger tires while towing. I hope this helps.

BassinRVer
05-31-2003, 14:49
I have not had them in the mud yet but these tires are sister to the Super Swamper tires so I should not have any trouble in the mud. Super Swampers and Trxus tires are made by the same company called Interico.

Hammer Down
06-01-2003, 21:19
Love the truck. Whats the deal with the 2" keyways, how do they work, were can I get them, how much are they, how big of tires can I guy go with them? How do the tunes sound, Is the box for the tens custom or is it made by a manufactor?

BassinRVer
06-02-2003, 09:38
The keyways are replacement factory keyways that works the same way as torching the torsion bars. I got hem on E-bay. Just type in 2500HD lift kit.
I paid 100.oo for the keyways and 30 for the rear blocks. I would have to say 34 inch is the largest tire size as I had to move the from bumber forward 2 inches and cut alot on the wheel well. The wiper fliud container is not affected. Here is the e-mail address for the guy who I bought the keyways from***choener@hotmail.com.

Sandaholic
06-02-2003, 10:49
BassinRVer, that wheel, tire combo looks great. I believe those are made by American Eagle, not American Racing. I was looking at that exact wheel, I believe #102. How do you like them? What do you think of the quality? A few members suggested I steer away from American Eagle products and go with Weld or another more exspensive brand. I like the look of the fake beadlock on rim, how hard is it to keep clean?

Thanks

BassinRVer
06-02-2003, 13:47
Sandaholic,

These wheels are awsome to say the least. I would not hestitate to recommend these rim to anyone. All I get is "those rims are awsome". And they do not mentioned anything about the tires just the rims. The shine on these rim sparkle like diamonds. So far I think the quality is topnotch. These rims really brighten up my truck. You need to go to Didcount Tire and get them to get some you can look at and then you will be getting out your credit card.

[ 06-02-2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: BassinRVer ]

Mustfish
06-10-2003, 12:14
BassinRVer,
Where did you get your tires?

BassinRVer
06-19-2003, 14:37
Discount tires for 201.00 installed each.

LA DMAX
06-19-2003, 22:32
BassinRVer,
Where did you get the 4.10 gears and what did you pay for them? BTW the truck looks great with that setup.
Later

LA DMAX

Heavy Duty Neil
06-20-2003, 12:06
Truck looks great.
Sound system looks killer! :cool:

SparkyTX
06-20-2003, 14:28
Rig is looking great! Looks like we need to have another Texas GTG soon!

What did you do with the old tires? My tires have a whopping 1400 miles on them and I picked up a HUGE bolt in one the other day. Looks like a 1/2 bolt head! I hesitate in putting a plug in that is that big and I really don't want to go buying another tire already. Shoot me an email at brian@lonestar4x4.org.

BassinRVer
06-23-2003, 13:30
I am keeping my old tires for "JUST IN CASE I NEED THEM". I got the 4.10 gears on Ebay for $300 for both front anf rear sets.

1BADDMAX
06-26-2003, 15:30
BassinRVer,
Did you also get the blocks on EBAY. What brand are your blocks? I just recently got a JCWhitney catalog. They have Rough Country Blocks for about $30 for the one inchers. They don't list any for the 2500HD. It looks as if the other blocks may work since they are also listed for 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. Thanks