PDA

View Full Version : Retrax Bed Cover

ThePend
09-20-2002, 20:23
Installed the Retrax Cover yesterday. It was a very easy install, about 45 mins. I did it myself, right in the bed. Everyone that has seen it work, has been impressed.

Thanks for ordering it JK, only 3 days for delivery.

Lloyd

Kennedy
09-22-2002, 19:05
Lloyd,

You lucked out on that one! Usually 2-3 weeks, but the unit happened to be in stock.

The more I use my Retrax, the more I HATE my Pace Edwards...

HDLD
10-08-2002, 20:19
I'm also thinking of getting one of these. I gather this is one of those "you get what you pay for" scenarios.

If also getting Line-X later, I presume it's no big deal to remove the Retrax to spray? Also presume there's not much point in spraying the rails?

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-08-2002, 20:45
HDLD,

IMHO if I had seen LINE-X before I installed my Wade Bed Caps I would have went for the LINE-X over the bed rail. It's incredibly durable and my truck is used for work.

On any given day I drag cement board, my tools, whatever across my gate and pile stuff in the bed. It isn't even marked yet. Had it since Feb - 02.

Check it out, it's awsome stuff.

GMC ;)

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

Kennedy
10-08-2002, 21:27
It is really quite easy to R&R. By far the easiest one I've ever done. The rails stay attached so once the clamps are loosened, it lifts right out!

I had my liner (Amera-guard) sprayed after installing the Retrax. 10 minutes and it was off and ready to go for the liner.

HDLD
10-09-2002, 21:40
Thanks. Helpful information as I'd like both the Retrax and Line-X but don't want to purchase both right away so am thinking Retrax before the snow falls and Line-X in the spring.

There should be a "mods" category when you finance!