PDA

View Full Version : Silverado Tailgate Lock

Whiteknight
10-28-2003, 14:49
Has anyone tried this tailgate lock?
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16225&cat=300&page=1

I want to be as secure as possible and for it to look like it's stock so this one seems to fit the bill.

DMAX Daddy
10-28-2003, 15:23
I have one and it works well. I tried the electric solenoid for a while but it had an intermittent electrical problem with cheap motor connections.

JP Customs is a good place to get it from, I bought a few things there and had great service!

DalDMax
10-28-2003, 16:51
My dealer put one on my truck when I picked it up for about $5 less then the ones I saw at other places. It looks exactly like the one the link goes to. I've had two ongoing issues and one one time issue with it. The one time issue happended when I dropped the tailgate, the bezel fell to the ground. Turns out they just snap in place, so I snapped it back in and its been fine.

The other issues are its locked when I got stuff in my hands and need it open, and I can't seem to remember to lock it :rolleyes:

hill1430
10-28-2003, 18:34
I recently installed the Pop n Lock power tailgate lock on my 04 HD. It operates with the door locks. So far I have been very happy.

mike.morris
10-31-2003, 07:16
I will second the electronic Pop Lock product. I have had this on 2 trucks now, and aside from some post installation glitches in March, I have had no problems. This lock has seen several hundred probably thousand actuations since being installed.

DMAX Daddy
10-31-2003, 09:45
My 2 cents, I had two, the motor was apiece of crap and fried in the first and the motor connections were terrible in the second.

They could spend another $2 and hook them up better and put a less cheesy motor in it.

Nothing like having your hands full and it not unlocking, or even worse, have it happen to your 5' 2" wife. I'll never buy another one, and if anyone gave me one I would throw it away.