PDA

View Full Version : RonnieJoe Have Question

LanduytG
11-17-2005, 14:21
When you installed your new lift pump where did you take the pressure reading? The reason I ask is that it seems low to what JK said you got.

Greg

rjschoolcraft
11-17-2005, 15:53
The measurements that I reported to JK were taken at the water drain valve. It was a very convenient location.

I saw 1 psi minimum under full power acceleration with about 6,000 lb. behind me.

LanduytG
11-18-2005, 01:15
OK, thats where I took it as well. I need to get a better gauge, this when has been banged around a lot.

Greg

Kennedy
11-18-2005, 07:41
Greg,

It takes quite a bit to work the air out completely with these pumps. A couple of quick tips:

1) You can prime the system by using a mighty vac or oil suction gun attached to the filter drain.

2) If you want to push out all of the air completely, you can open the filter drain and push acouple of gallons of fuel into a can or through a long hose back to the tank.

You should see about 4 psi at idle, and due to the OE line sizing it will drop off to about 1 psi. Pressure on a Dmax runs very similarly at 450+HP. The key is the larger supply lines.

General note: The transfer pump (inside the injection pump) really does not care what the pressure is so long as it is not a vacuum. It will simply make housing pressure in the pump and return the excess to the tank.

LanduytG
11-18-2005, 10:00
The son will be by tonight and I will check it again. He will have driven it a little over a 100 miles today. I have a Mity Vac and forgot all ablout using it. Will report on pressure later.

Greg