PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an idea on good replacement for DTA running boards

Tractorhauler
11-19-2002, 10:09
Blowout tore up my DTA Running boards. I really liked these boards but DTA is no longer in business.
What would be a good running board to replace the DTA?

How is the GM board?

Thanks,

Mark

GMC D-Max
11-19-2002, 14:33
I tried to find a used set of GM running boards for my '02 extended cab, but no luck. Buying them new from the dealer is waayyy too much money. I did a little measuring, and it appears that 4-door Tahoe/Yukon factory GM running boards are nearly the exact length needed for the extended cab, and are available on eBay for $100-$160, new take-offs.

Steve Joneli
11-19-2002, 14:44
Mark, don't know if these will work for you but I have a nice set of heave duty black urathane running boards I took off my truck. It's a 94 extended cab. e-mail me if your interested.

mdrag
11-19-2002, 19:58
Tractor Hauler,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Fortunately it sounds as if no one was hurt.

I'd seen it posted a few times that DTA was outta business. It's too bad - I remain very pleased with the DTA boards on my truck and don't know what I'd replace them with...I don't want to cross that bridge... Good luck.

CanadaKev
11-19-2002, 21:21
Mark,
J&J Enterprises makes a board that is very similar to the DTA's. They also have a millenium board that uses a 3" tube instead of 2". That's what I put on my truck. Gives the truck a beefier look. Take a look at my pics.
You can also order the boards with lights.
Their site is www.j-jent.com
Kev

ps. Your insurance co. should buy you two new boards if you can't replace the DTA.

Tractorhauler
11-20-2002, 08:12
Kev,
My insurance company is great. Both running boards have been put in the estimate. Total of estimate now is over $2600.00 for the damage done.
Thanks for the info. I will take a look at J&J today.

Kev, are those the millenium boards on your truck or the standard taper?

Mark

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: Tractor hauler ]</p>

Kennedy
11-20-2002, 09:08
www.icionline.com

CanadaKev
11-20-2002, 09:31
Mark,
I have the millenium boards.
Kev

mowser
11-21-2002, 06:40
Tractor hauler,
I have the stainless steel side entry steps made by Luverne. I like them very much, check out www.luvernetruck.com . ;)

mowser

zrone
11-21-2002, 15:53
My J&J boards have held up well and I like the lights. Two white ones light up when you open the doors and the amber ones lite when the headlights go on.