PDA

View Full Version : seat covers and center console

buelldude
07-17-2002, 05:55
I'm looking for a HD set of seat covers, I take the kids out on weekends with the dirtbikes and they are covered when they get back. I'm also looking for a replacement for my center console. I didn't want the buckets (I wanted a bench seat)but had to take the truck the way it was or go without. I would like to put in a 3rd seat, one that matches the two other seats. Any ideas???

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-17-2002, 06:02
There was a thread and some one changed out the third seat for the buckets. They may still have the center seat section.

I believe in there post that it is a direct bolt on w/o alot of mods. You will lose the rear vents in the console and have to get another set of seat belts for the center seat.

Good Luck,

I'll try to find the thread for you.

GMC ;)

Found IT !! http://www.geocities.com/chevy4x4trucks/consoleandcarpet.html

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

crafty
07-17-2002, 06:07
Seatcovers are available from "Seatcovers Unlimited" in Florida. I have a set from there and I have pics on page two of the accessories at the link below. Mine are the bucket seats but you can get covers for any style seat.
They fit well and are easily removeable to wash. They should fit your requirements! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

buelldude
07-17-2002, 06:13
The seat covers look great, what type of material are they made of?
I would like that 3rd seat if anyone has one that they have pulled out????

crafty
07-17-2002, 07:11
It's a heavy cotton (similar to denim material) but it is soft, like your jeans feal after you wash them a few times. Mine have been on since mid February and they are wearing quite well. :D :D :D

FrankA
07-17-2002, 07:34
I got my seat covers from marathonseatcovers.com. I've had them on for about one year now and like them very much. Sorry no pics-- but their website is pretty good.

mdrag
07-17-2002, 18:41
bueldude,

I don't know if they will have anything for '01/'02, but you could check these links for take offs:

www.lwm.cc/
www.sonnystruckseats.com
www.truckandrv.com/vseats.htm
www.centralnhparts.com/seats.html

It may be worth an email or phone call to see if they can help. I've never dealt with any of these vendors - came across these links while doing searches and felt they may be handy at some point.

buelldude
07-18-2002, 05:01
Great stuff on these replies, I'll e-mail them and see if they have anything! Thanks :eek:

buelldude
07-27-2002, 15:56
hey,
Crafty how well do your seat covers fit? I like them but want to know how they stay on the seat?

crafty
07-27-2002, 20:16
buelldude,
The covers haven't moved around on me at all. The arm rest part fits extremely tight and I found them tough to get in place. The headrest fits nice and just slips on easy. The main part, with the help with velcro open/closings on the back and down the side where the seatbelt goes, just slips over the seat back and then you pull the elastic over the seat bottom. There is an opening for the power seat/lumbar adjuster and a slot for the seatbelt where it comes out of the seat both top and bottom. It took all of five minutes to put on the main part.
I think you would be happy with them. :D :D :D

[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: crafty ]</p>

TxDoc
07-27-2002, 20:31
Crafty--nice truck, nice accessories.

Where did you get the seat belt thing that says GM on it?

buelldude
07-27-2002, 21:04
crafty,
do you have a number or address for this place, where you got the covers?

TxDoc
07-27-2002, 22:34
Seat Covers Unlimited in Florida:
(I think this is correct)

http://www.autoseatcovers.com/

Seat Covers Unlimited
5605 NW 74 AVE.
MIAMI,FL.33166

Telephone Number:
305-883-1666

Fax Number:
305-882-8223

Toll Free:
888-573-0043/0044

Mike Diaz,
President
mike.diaz@autoseatcovers.com
Herbert Ruiz
Operations Mgr /Webmaster
herbert.ruiz@autoseatcovers.com

[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]

[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]</p>

crafty
07-29-2002, 06:00
TxDoc,
The info you supplied for Seatcovers Unlimited is correct. As for the seatbelt protectors, they came from Van & TRuck World but any large Truck Acc. supplier should have them or be able to get them. I do have an extra set if you can't find them anywhere else. Let me know!
Enjoy your seatcovers Buelldude!!!! :D :D :D

jeffbentleyreich
07-29-2002, 16:32
Crafty,
I notice you have the ext cab - Did you order the rear covers? I just received mine and the ends on the bottom portion don't seem to tie down very well. There's two straight pieces of elastic on each end but I think they're supposed to be sewn as a loop.

crafty
07-29-2002, 18:24
I didn't order the back covers but I think there are others on this board that have. I'm just using a blanket at this time because I rarely have people in the back. I expect if you called the company they could tell you if the elastic should be in a loop. I hear that their customer service is pretty good.

TxDoc
08-15-2002, 20:43
Crafty
---what lettering did the company do and what did you have done after receiving them?

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]</p>

crafty
08-16-2002, 08:23
TxDoc
The GMC was silkscreened on by the compnay in Florida. I told them the covers were for a GMC but I didn't know that they put the lettering on till they had been sent here. It was all part of the cost because there was no extra charge for it. The DURAMAX DIESEL was added here in town by a friend who has an Embriodery business. It cost me $10 a piece and I also had the same thing added to my GMC jacket. :D :D :D

buelldude
09-03-2002, 14:16
Still waiting on my covers, I hope they aren't blowing me off. I put the order in on the 6th of Aug and they haven't been sent out yet????

TxDoc
09-03-2002, 15:04
If you ordered from the company in Florida, then call and check. I ordered two sets. One was in stock and shipped the next day. The other has not arrived. Give them a call. BTW-when I ordered, they were running a local "special" and gave me that price.

buelldude
09-08-2002, 18:55
I don't like doing this but I want to tell anyone that is looking for seat covers be real careful not to buy if they don't have any in stock! I wanted some extra put on(the bowtie)the covers and they said 15 days before they could get to it. That was the 6 of Aug, they still don't have them made! :mad: :mad: :mad: I called last week 3 times and they kept giving me wrong UPS tracking numbers, be careful!!!

crafty
09-09-2002, 07:27
I guess I should have told you guys that it took a while for my seatcovers to arrive too.
I ordered mine by phone Nov. 26 and the Customs forms are dated Jan. 16th. so it was almost two months. At the time I blamed it on the fact that I asked them to mail the parcel to save me customs fees. It looks like custom orders take longer anyway.
Be paitent, you will get them and you will like them. :D :D :D

odoh
09-10-2002, 00:39
I had the same experience and altho I tell those who ask, I don't volunteer. Many calls to second language speaking individuals never knowing if they truly understand what they thot they heard, not to mention the cococabana background music for many on-hold session adding to the anxiety that it was all a big mistake. They finally came but the cover for the center seat doesn't fit well at all. Color was good but overall, next time, I'll pass on the FL source. ~ odoh

buelldude
09-10-2002, 18:05
Well I think they are being sent???? They said a second set was being made(they said that ups lost them in there depot). Well I'll know more on thursday when they are suppose to be in! :confused: :confused:

buelldude
09-12-2002, 17:18
Well if your looking for the sloppy look in your nice new CHEVY just get a set of these seat covers and you won't be disappointed. :mad: They took over a month to get, and the didn't even put the lettering on for me! They still charged me for it! They just don't fit good at all, sorry guys but this one is a thumbs down!!!!!!

crafty
09-12-2002, 18:59
Sorry to hear yours didn't work out. I had a tight fit getting the arm rest parts on but the rest was a very good fit.
Call them. Maybe they will do something for you, especially since you never got the lettering.

buelldude
09-12-2002, 19:38
crafty,
did you end up with a hole on the outside of your front seat covers? That would be on the outside of the upper part of the seat(it looks like it was for a second armrest).

TxDoc
09-12-2002, 20:40
Something has to be wrong. They must have shipped covers for a different truck or brand. They should fit tight. Go to the website and fill out the "I have a problem" form or call. I just have to believe they will get you a set you are happy with.

When I ordered, I orderd two sets, front and rear. They had one set in stock, it arrived in five days. The second set had to be made and arrived about two weeks later. They had GMC on the covers.

Before you simply give up and feel frustrated, call or email them. Good luck

crafty
09-14-2002, 18:58
Yes I do have a hole in the outside of both seats. It does look lie it is for a second armrest. I can live with it this way.
:D :D :D

buelldude
09-15-2002, 18:19
Crafty,
Mike says its for the side air bag???? Do you have one?

crafty
09-30-2002, 15:36
I think he's pulling your leg!!!! I don't have one that I know of :D :D :D

zsqure
09-30-2002, 16:39
Crafty, where did you get the decals on your side windows? I'd like a set.

buelldude
10-02-2002, 06:20
I'm sending my covers back to have the problems fixed. That is the side airbag holes and to cover up the pocket on the back of the seat and rear head rests are way to big!

crafty
10-02-2002, 07:26
zsqure,
My window decals were custom made. I had Morepower send me one and then with his permission I had my local sign shop make a larger set using the original as a guide so that the font etc would remain the same.
I get a few questions about them and hopefully a few more readers for the Diesel Page. :D :D :D

TxDoc
10-22-2002, 14:26
Belldude--did you get your covers replaced?

My second set was trouble to get a hold of. I was told twice they were shipped. The second time, I asked for a tracking number. They called the next afternoon with it. I am not sure why the first set was so quick to arrive and the second was not. They did fit well, though.

buelldude
10-23-2002, 04:28
hey,
I sent them back, they did get them. I talked to jr. and he said he is going to fix the problems?????? This is getting to be real BS! They have had them since last week, I had them fix the side airbag hole(the airbags we don't have) and the rear of the covers. I didn't like the holes they put in for the pocket on the back of the seat. I had them take it out like it was never there. Plus the rear seat head rest covers were for ?????? I have know idea what they were for but they were too big, they are sending the right ones. I hope??? :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

TxDoc
10-23-2002, 11:42
Just keep calling and stay in touch. I don't know if they are just very busy or what. Good luck.

buelldude
11-08-2002, 05:19
Hey,
Well I just got them back yesterday! They fixed the side airbag holes and took out the rear holes for the pocket on the seat(took out the holes all together). They also gave me the right ones (headrest covers) for the rear seats. They didn't give me the covers for the center seat(I took out the center console) so I could finish the job right! I HOPE NO ONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM, AND IF THEY READ THIS GO SOMEPLACE ELSE TO BUY COVERS!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

gardnerteam
11-08-2002, 09:00
I posted a caution on this company a while back. They charged my VISA twice over a period of a week for a shipment of 3 Front and Rear seats, didn't ship the seats as they said they would, and would't reply. I sent a slightly nasty fax to them and got a fax back several days later that I should cease and desist my efforts to warn people or they would sue me. As a retired attorney and judge, I had a good laugh. Finally came up with their phone number and called, as was told units were going out and they would send me a VISA credit on one charge by FAX. A week later and nothing has happened. Maybe they are all still in line at the voting booth. This company cannot be trusted!

Dmaxin
11-08-2002, 11:02
Wher is another reliable place to buy good quality seat covers?

TxDoc
11-08-2002, 21:02
There seems to be an identical material shown in the StylinConcepts.com catalog. You can have some embroidery done later.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/727

Easy To Clean Seat Protectors

Keep your vehicle's seats looking showroom new no matter what ends up on them. Messy kids, dirty pets, hunting and fishing clothes are no match for these Heavy Duty Custom Fit Seat Protectors. The rugged, breathable poly-cotton twill fabric keeps you comfortable all year round; cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Custom tailored to fit like a glove, yet can be removed and installed in minutes. No Tool Installation. Best of all, they are easy to clean, simply throw them in the washer and dryer. Install these Seat Protectors to stay protected while looking fresh and new. Front Seat Protectors include a handy map pocket in the back. Allow 2 weeks extra for delivery.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/images/uploadedimages/Pickup/CustomFitSeatProtectors_opt.jpg

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/images/uploadedimages/Pickup/CustomFitSeatProtectors_opt.jpg

It is sad to see demand and such poor service. Maybe Kennedy will see this as an opportunity ;)