PDA

View Full Version : Attn Benny Avant.

ogrice
11-18-2005, 13:43
To anyone who is professionally associated w/ Benny Avant Salvage.

I recieved a complete clutch kit just a few days ago. Flywheel, throw out bearing, press. plate and disc 100% brand new wrapped in plastic. It was shipped to my brothers house in Puyallup, Wa., but the box had my name on it. The package says that it originated from Benny Avant Salvage.

The punchline is that I have never called, wrote to, ordered or paid for the items. It came to the house with no invoice or layaway order or back order, not a shred of paperwork. I guess that someone just sent it to me thinking that I need it for my truck.

If I don't get a reply, I'm probably going to sell it off soon.

moondoggie
11-18-2005, 16:13

JoeyD
11-19-2005, 03:08
Ho HO Ho.
That was nice of them. Did you call them?

ogrice
11-19-2005, 08:44
Joey D:
I have no contact info for them. I guess that its a late b-day or an early Christmas gift.
I think i'll write them a letter.

dieseldummy
11-19-2005, 09:33
They have a 1-800 number in the advertisers section. Getting them to answer it might be another story...

ogrice
11-19-2005, 12:35
Tell you the truth,

I'm not really too concerned about me contacting them. I will have concern if they contact me for any reason. If the guys at Avant Salvage want an explanation or their stuff back, they found me somehow. I'm sure that the word is going to spread.

AndyL
11-19-2005, 13:41
Originally posted by ogrice:
Tell you the truth,

I'm not really too concerned about me contacting them. I will have concern if they contact me for any reason. If the guys at Avant Salvage want an explanation or their stuff back, they found me somehow. I'm sure that the word is going to spread. The Avants are good people that go out of their way to help people. Picking up the phone and dialing an 800 number is not to much to ask.

If it was your stuff you accidently sent to the wrong person wouldn't you appreciate someone calling you? It is common courtesy.

patrick m.
11-19-2005, 14:15
if you were the type of person to keep something of this sort, you wouldnt have wrote about it here; knowing that every person on this board will expect you to do the right thing.

It doesnt matter what your opinion of the Avants is. The right thing stays the same.

DmaxMaverick
11-19-2005, 14:37
Well stated, Patrick!

Thanks for your input.

rjschoolcraft
11-19-2005, 15:20
If the cashier mistakenly gave you $10 extra change and you didn't realize it until you got to the parking lot, what would you do?

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one knows or is looking. Because of your announcement here, lots of people are looking...

JoeyD
11-20-2005, 05:51
Seeing how they don't answer the phone, this is the best way for them to see what they did.

More Power
11-20-2005, 10:46
The Diesel Depot
219 Waco Dr. / P.O. Box 228
Sandersville, GA 31082
800-553-8192
E-mail at: avasalv@mylink.net

I would like to point out that The Depot has given away thousands of dollars in gift certificates and in product to many of you in the form of free drawing prizes at the past six TDP Rendezvous events.

They are generous to a fault and have gone out of their way to support 6.2/6.5 owners.

Jim

Splitrimz
11-20-2005, 16:28
Try this number it may get answered.

Diesel Depot
227 N Hospital Rd
Sandersville, GA 31082
478-552-9510

Kennedy
11-21-2005, 08:06
I'd suggest dropping them a quick email with your a note about this mix up. Include UPS tracking numbers as they can obtain about all of the details except probably your telephone # from the tracking numbers. This way they know what you have, what it weighs, where it is etc and they can coordinate with UPS to pick it up.

A quick email will spare you the hassle of trying to reach someone via telephone, and should give them enough details so that you have minimal time invested. If you go the telephone route, or wait for contact, it will undoubtedly consume more of your time.

The way I read it, ogrice has no intention of keeping the items so there is no reason to call his integrity into question. He just figured word would get to Avants indirectly which I'm sure it already has...

rjschoolcraft
11-21-2005, 09:54
Originally posted by ogrice:
If I don't get a reply, I'm probably going to sell it off soon. Here's what generated the integrity question. You're right. He didn't plan to keep it...

Kennedy
11-21-2005, 10:03
missed that...

At least he made it known. I've had a couple of instances where a package was deliverd to the wrong house number and 2-3 days later the customer finally tracked it down ie 442 delivered to 422 and simple things like that. You'd think they'd call/correct or something...

[ 11-21-2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

Cowracer
11-21-2005, 10:10
Originally posted by More Power:

They are generous to a fault and have gone out of their way to support 6.2/6.5 owners.

Jim Roger that.

Also, I am sure that somewhere some poor SOB is waiting on a box of parts. Notifying the Avants will help reduce his waiting time.

I'm sure OG will to the right thing.

Tim

ogrice
11-21-2005, 15:27
Hey all,

I called up Diesel Depot and spoke to Nancy or Judy, they said that they will be looking up my info. I'm hoping that they are going to call me back with any news.

ogrice
11-28-2005, 13:34
Called them back again, here is the story.

I placed an order for a clutch kit a while ago like 6-8 weeks. The company that I ordered with apparently contacted two different sources and paid for the parts. I recieved the same parts from two different places, Spec and Diesel Depot. Looks like Diesel Depot and Spec got paid. My money and probably the middle man company, but they had my shipping address and sent out the parts for an order with my name on it. What do I do next.? There are no mistakes according to their book keeping.

Looks like the parts are mine.

William Fullington
12-03-2005, 06:02
sounds like you have a secret admirer. does the misses know? haha.

eracers999
12-20-2005, 23:09
How come diesel depot does not resond or interact on this board?? Seem's the most logical way to keep it all straight.

Cowracer
12-21-2005, 06:16
Honestly, they barely have the time/manpower to answer the phones.

Tim - (Still a fan of the Avants)

DmaxMaverick
12-21-2005, 10:48
Originally posted by Kent:
How come diesel depot does not resond or interact on this board?? Seem's the most logical way to keep it all straight. They do.

Cowracer is probably right, in they don't have much time for it. Jamie did respond to this post, and resolved the issue, but since the server mishap, the post is missing.

longhorncallan1
12-22-2005, 19:08
About four years ago I bought a rebuilt turbo from them. When I sent the core back, the office girl was out due to sickness and they credited my core refund to someone else's CC number. They were nice enough about it but it cost me some time and phone calls.