PDA

View Full Version : Husky floor mats

wxmn6
09-29-2002, 20:14
I am thinking about upgrading the front floor mats on my 2002 Chevy 2500HD extended cab short box with a Husky floor mats. Would like some input with this product.

Paintdude
09-29-2002, 20:33
I have them and do recommend them..They catch your foot somewhat when you get in and out, but you get used to it..Not a real problem IMO...

bearman
09-29-2002, 20:34
The Huskys are great, had them in my last 3 trucks and I work in the oilfield in Canada. They are always full of dirt, snow, mud or water, and my carpet always looks new.
Cheers
Bear

HotShot
09-29-2002, 21:33
wxmn6,

I upgraded from the factory coffee coasters to the Husky's for both the front and backseats. Love them. I play in the same mud with bearman and carpets stay very clean. With the factory ones the carpets stayed very dirty. I have seen one other set of mats that were open towards the door over the sill instead of having a lip like the Husky's. You could easily sweep the dirt out on the ground. Big problem with them is they don't fit if you have the manual 4x4 control like those of us with the ZF-6.

MountainMax
09-30-2002, 12:07
Ditto on the Huskys. Got em front & back + the Transmission hump (split bench). Kids, dog & lots of dirt and mud. Good product. You can always take them out on date night.

GMCTRUCK
09-30-2002, 12:33
I have had Husky Liners before but, my last three trucks I have used Weatherboots. They're more expensive but, they fit better and protect better. I have them in the front and across the back of my extended cab. They cover the whole floor in the back even under the back seat.

wxmn6
10-01-2002, 10:38
Thanks. For those who have graphite interior, what color did you go with? Black or grey? Hard for me to tell which would match better.

Paintdude
10-01-2002, 13:22
Grey.. smile.gif

MadDuraMax
10-01-2002, 15:28
Grey looks good in my truck. Some have complained about Husky using a two pc. mat in the rear of the CC. Personally I like this better than the one pc offered by competitors. Much easier to dump snow, slush etc. out with the two piece.

Mark

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-01-2002, 19:37
I have Husky's in my '02/CC and they are BLACK, I chose Black because the interior is graphite and that was the closest to the carpet color.

I like them, I felt the gray was too light, almost a pewter color.

GMC ;)

NutNbutGMC
10-01-2002, 19:53
^...Grey will accent (or highlight) your floor area. Try this... Drop an ink pen, coin, or something else generic in the (black) floor area. Black makes it darn near impossible to find, from a seated position or looking across. The lighter color provides an accented background and highlights the (otherwise) dark floor area. Easy to find stuff and makes a nice contrast to look at. The black hole in the floorboard (cast by black carpet or mats) is aesthetically unappealing to me.

Disclaimer: Just my dollars 0.02 worth.

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

conradv
10-01-2002, 22:23
OldCarKook (Rob) sent me some pictures of his Husky liners, and I'm going to get some for my new baby. Holy C%*& - those are some stout looking mats.