PDA

View Full Version : Installation of a Hands Free Phone Kit

RVGuy
01-25-2003, 10:04
I'm about to install a hands free cellular phone kit in my truck. The kit comes with the phone holder as well as a privacy handset and a box where everything connects.

I purchased a Pro-Fit mounting bracket for the phone holder. It bolts-in, behind the dash ring between the radio and the passenger's air vent.

I was wondering if any members have installed a kit similar to this. If so, where did you mount your privacy handset and where did you locate the connecting box and external speaker?

imported_
01-25-2003, 16:08
I have a Nokia hands free kit in my truck & its the only way to drive & talk. I had an installer put mine in & he put everything behind the center console on hump. I dont have the telephone for mine as they were out of them. The microphone is mounted above next to the overhead console on drivers side.

Kennedy
01-26-2003, 09:10
I have my bag phone installed as a "hard install" and basically stashed the "guts" inside the front of the center console (I have buckets and the deluxe console) ran the microphone up inside the overhead console, and the speaker still uses the one on the handset.

I've been pondering going to a 3 watt boost for a handheld phone, but this one (Motorola 2950) works so well. I only wish I had headset capability some times...

Tommy turbo
01-26-2003, 20:16
Mine was installed for me and I love it. The speaker is under dash between legs area, the microphone is on left upper piller, the handset is immediatly in front of seat right beside center console. The phone itself mounts to bracket that bolts behind instrument bezel. The box and wiring is under dash under steeering wheel.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Tommy turbo ]</p>

chuntag95
01-26-2003, 21:41
Jim,
I wish you would have said something last night. I could have shown you my set up. It sounds just like yours (Nokia). I made a plate to put it all together at your finger tips. The speaker is under the consol pointed out into the drivers floor board. The mic is next to the OnStar in the headliner and you saw my antenna through the roof. That was the hard part. Let me know if you have any questions or need a hand.

Later,
Chris