PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning system Suburban 98

Darwin6.5
11-20-2005, 23:19
Guy's I need help re-gassing my air conditioner in my 98 Sub.

I have an auto electrician her in Oz but he is not familiar with the process. These vehicles are not common.

I am presuming ther is a bleed valve or similar in the loadspace which is part of the process.

Any info will be a great help

Regards

John

DA BIG ONE
11-21-2005, 03:21
Originally posted by Darwin6.5:
Guy's I need help re-gassing my air conditioner in my 98 Sub.

I have an auto electrician her in Oz but he is not familiar with the process. These vehicles are not common.

I am presuming ther is a bleed valve or similar in the loadspace which is part of the process.

Any info will be a great help

Regards

John A dual HVAC system is filled from front only, and it uses more r134 than the origional lable says, revised fill according to new lable is 3.8lbs (1.558 kg). It is advised to check w/dealer about revised fillup specs to be for sure on your rig.

It is advised to change out the filter dryer because of age, "if filter medium comes apart it can clog system causing big buck repair bills".

Keep in mind one valve (smaller) on compressor is rebuildable while the larger one is a dealer item only! The larger valve uses a rubber disk and when serviced this disk can become airborne & lost if tech is not careful (this is the case in most ac valve leaks after recharge), "again it will slowly leak if rubber disk is missing", then test both valves w/soapy water for leaks.

Darwin6.5
11-21-2005, 13:20
Excellent, just what I needed to know.

Thankyou