PDA

View Full Version : Got a spare stock steel wheel?

c5dura
11-26-2002, 13:05
I was wondering if anyone has an extra stock steel wheel or know where I might be able to get one for cheap.

I tried gmpartsdirect.com, but that database appears to be very incomplete in that they don't seem to have any wheels or much of anything else I tried to look up for 2002 D/A.

Thanks!

mackin
11-26-2002, 21:31
c5dura

What you do is go to your local dealer ask for a test drive in a 3500....Leave your truck or better yet the Vette...They'll let you go alone cause they'll know you'll be back....

Nah just kidding got ya thinking tho didn't it.....

Not to long ago Mdrag posted a link on stock tires and rims for sale or purchase....I can't find it, perhaps while he is Moderating he'll Contribute to this thread....

This may or may not help..... :confused:

I weaseled one off my friend when I did my upgrade.....

MAC

If your not aware it must be a 01 or up as they have changed the off set ......Rear disc brakes.....

[ 11-26-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

mdrag
11-27-2002, 01:59
c5dura,

You could check here and see if they have any 3500 OEM wheels - I did not see them listed on the website:

www.lwm.cc/pages/takeoffwheels.html

Good luck.

Burner
11-27-2002, 05:12
c5dura... I have a new rim off my old 02' truck. It's black? I bought a "factory" aluminum for the spare. I really do not like to change a tire twice because of a flat, not to mention droping the frig'en spare again!

Burner

c5dura
11-27-2002, 08:42
The rims I have are painted grey. Basically, I'm ending up with one extra tire because the insurance company have agreed to replace a perfectly good tire with a new one because it got some scratches in it.

I figured that by getting another rim, I can have 2 spares to use in rotation, and I like the idea of having a second spare in case I somehow manage to blow 2 tires at some point.

Mackin, the thought crossed my mind... ;)

mdrag, thnx for the link. I'll give those guys a call.

C5dura

mdrag
11-27-2002, 10:46
c5dura,

Here's another promising site I found today:

www.mrrims.com

mdrag

gardnerteam
11-28-2002, 11:13
I have an extra factory alloy for a 2002 2500HD 4X4 if anyone needs one. Front face is like new - back has scratches in in from small rock being lodged next to caliper. Looks like new. $110 plus frt.