PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day (non) results.

Cowracer
11-21-2005, 05:30
well, POO!

I went to Lou Fuze Dodge on Saturday for a dyno day. Lots of dodges and fords. NO GM's except for me. :(

Anyway, I signed up for the dyno, and I was 22 on the list. They were on #6. I watched 2 trucks run and I realized that they were averaging 3 truck and hour. That meant 5 hours of waiting! Now I like diesels as much as anyone, but 5 hours is a big chunk of time out of a weekend day. Then I found out that the three pulls you get for you $65 was one immediatly after the other. No chance to make any changes, to compare stuff. And the dyno sheets only had HP numbers, no torque.

I was rather upset by that point, then a dodge dually came up on deck and he had to pull off one of the outside duals to fit on the dyno. Well Screw that! That was it. I got my money back and left.

I really think the guys running the show (the guys with the dyno) didnt have a clue. They went about their business without ANY attempt at speed or moving along. It was like they were hanging out with their drinking buddies and BS'ing.

I did get to see a 471 Hp dodge run and that dually sounded like it was 600 HP, but I never saw its numbers. That was pretty cool.

Tim

More Power
11-21-2005, 09:00
I know what you mean. I've settled into a routine (that was reinforced at Edge's event in September), where I simply get on the dyno list then park the truck.

When there's about 2-3 trucks remaining to dyno, I warm up the truck and get in this short line. This way, I can shoot the photos, have fun, talk to people and get the story.

Jim

Dvldog 8793
11-21-2005, 12:44
Howdy
I went to my tech school(Dunwoody Institute in Minneapolis) and asked if I could use their in floor dyno. They pretty much laughed me out of the building! :mad: I was told that the dyno is used only with two special cars that are safety preped and run ONLY on the dyno. WONDERFUL use of a nice in-floor dyno unit! I'm sure those stucents learn allot by seeing a 1984 caprice on the machine cranking out 95 HP! tongue.gif
Someday I'll load up and drive down to see JK.

L8r
Conley