PDA

View Full Version : Rear winch bumper

TSimpler
09-04-2004, 16:30
I am looking for a REAR winch bumper. I have no use for a reciever winch (to weak and sticks out to far)

I need to mount a 12k lb warn winch bach there, but dont need to mount a ball on the bumper, I have a hitch.

Thanks
Trent

TSimpler
09-07-2004, 18:57
hello????

Is there anybody out there?

DuckhunterInTN
09-12-2004, 18:20
Hey check out these:

http://www.reunel.com/

I believe they make rear winch bumpers...they sound like exactly what you are looking for.

Ranger354
09-13-2004, 17:28
A buddy of mine built a rear bumper for his F350. It is made from 4x6 box bar. We call them plow bumpers because they look like a toolbar that you would pull behind a farm tractor. The way his is built you could hang anything you wanted in there between the frame. If you want some pictures I will get some for you.

Ranger

TSimpler
09-13-2004, 17:44
you must be the only guy that knows what I'm talking about. Please send me pics
Tsimpler@direcpc.com

If your sig means want I think it means the you REALLY know what I'm talking about. I was in the 75th at Benning.
Trent

DuckhunterInTN
09-14-2004, 05:22
What exactly are you talking about then? :confused:

Ranger354
09-14-2004, 10:13
Sorry, I own a Ranger Bass Boat. But I have a brother in-law that is a Col. in the Army and did his time in Bagdad last year.

I think my buddies Ford is in the hospital getting the diesel rebuilt. When he gets it back I will send you some pics.

His bumper must weight 400lbs. Two men can not pick it up. He has had it on his last three fords and just removes it with a chain hoist when he changes truck. The hardest part when he built it was getting the hole just right for the spare tire removal rod.

I would just check with your local iron yard and see if they have a "drop". A piece that has been cut off and not used. Everything else is 1/2 plate I think.