PDA

View Full Version : Where is Onstar going?

Kennedy
11-05-2004, 07:25
With all of the talk of analog phase out (I shudder at the thought) and low power digital being the only available towers, will the older Onstar equipped vehicles be upgradeable?

Sounds like next year I lose my analog 3 watt bag phone, and being the guy who receives all the digital celll phone calls, I really have to say that they are NOT all they are cracked up to be...

cowboywildbill
11-06-2004, 14:48
Hi John, I just got a new Impalla with the new Onstar system. It works just as well as the old sytem that I have in my truck. The nice thing about the new one is you can say all of the 7 or 12 digits of a phone number at one time. You can also use it as an additional phone on Verizion wireless. That's what I did, it just cost ten dollars a month to add it as a shared phone ( shareds the minutes on your plan) and they give you a phone number with the same first three digits as your other verizion cell phone. I can also call forward my handheld cell phone to my car phone and all of the calls come there, no matter which number they dial. Hope that helps, I would hope they would come up with some kind of fix for the old analog also, bcause I am in the same boat as you with the one in my truck. Have a great weekend.

Kennedy
11-08-2004, 06:01
That and a plug in handset! There's times I just don't want to talk on speaker phone...

Wonder if it will work with my Cellcom plan???

cowboywildbill
11-10-2004, 15:08
I would give your cell carrier a call and ask them. Good luck.