PDA

View Full Version : Damn Chevy dealership.

Philsky
11-22-2005, 14:46
:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Hey guys Thank you so much for all the great info on your page, my post below got great responses. I went into my dealership armed with all the right info on what is wrong with my truck thanks to all of you here on the diesel page. But the dealer is still trying to fight me on the injection pump warranty.
I fear taking it out of there because I might get the same run around somewhere else. SO I have decided to stand and fight.

I have gone from the service writer, then the assistant service manager and then the service manager. all of whom keep saying that the warranty says, they must first charge me for a PMD, and if that isn't the problem then they will change the pump. mean while my truck has been there for a week with no real progress and I am getting the run around.

I had the bulletin (#00064f) in my hand and they told me I was wrong after reading it word for word to them. I know what they are trying to do, they are trying to take a gamble and get 700 bucks from me and hope that fixes it and when the warranty is up in 900 miles and something goes wrong they can sell me a new pump too.

I need to go up the GM ladder higher. I got customer service on the phone and the assistant service manager just hung up on them saying customer service Knows nothing. I want to hit these guys they are making me so Mad. I want to get this resolved, I need to get more info and shove in in these guys faces, go higher up the ladder. who do I speak too NOW???????

by the way my 96 6.5 liter 4x4 suburban has 119,098 miles on it. I told them what if they changed the pmd and the pump goes out in 2000 miles, he told me i would ahve to buy a new pump as well.
any help would be greatly appreicated.

on a lighter note, if this is how they treat informed people i would hate to be the average driver. No wonder GM is almost Bankrupt. I'd hate to be treated like this day in and out.
:mad: :confused:

Phil brierley

JoeyD
11-22-2005, 15:40
Tell them you want to see the warranty they are refering to.

Dvldog 8793
11-22-2005, 16:17
Howdy
Call the GM customer support at 800 222 1020. They got me hooked up with a GM Warranty person and saved me a TON of money. I got this number from my dealer because my engine was out of warranty and they couldn't do anything without GM authorizing it. My dealer backed me up 110% and I ended up getting 1/3 of the new engine covered. it's a long story... check it out in the cracked block pole. This dealer also replaced a turbo for me after I showed them oil in the intake(I since found out that they ALL have oil in the intake) and they replaced a pump for me after I reported stalling and a miss with NO codes and only 2000 miles left on warranty. I recently asked the service guy how they could manage things like that and he told me that they come out ahead because he has a really good diesel mech that can complete most jobs under the time alloted by the book. GM pays them for warranty just like you would. It shouldn't cost the dealer a penny.
Hope this helps, DON'T back down!!!
L8r
Conley

G. Gearloose
11-22-2005, 16:32
I just got a new pump on my 96 last spring with only 30 Mi left on the warrantee, they had to follow strict procedures but I didn't get any BS. Never opened my wallet. I suspect they had to try a driver but I was getting encoder errors and shutdowns, not classic PMD symtoms. It just wasted more days and they couldn't even order the pump until they followed the procedures.

Alway bring it to the dealer with a clean fuel filter and housing, else they fork you claming the metal goes throught the media or some BS.

BobND
11-22-2005, 20:23
It's too darn bad you don't have access to a known-good FSD mounted on a heat sink.

It is a simple 5-minute procedure to snap the connector off of the PMD, pull the harness up above the engine valley, and plug it in the the spare FSD.

Then, you'd know, for $800.00 less!

Philsky
11-26-2005, 17:11
I said god bye to the dealership that was giving me a hard time. I showed up at the dealership with a flat bed loaded my truck up and said good bye. but first I had them reassemble it, I sent it to another dealership, that knows how to read and understands customer service. GM is getting a nasty letter from me smile.gif

Thanks for all of you help Diesel page members

twaddle
11-27-2005, 00:32
Good luck and keep us informed on how you get on and what was causing the fault.

Regards

Jim Twaddle
Biggar, Scotland

Scooby
12-02-2005, 01:44
When I had my pump replaced almost 2 years ago at the stealer, there was no questions asked. With the codes it set, (I dont know what they were- I had just bought the stalling truck), the mechanic told me they automatically change the pump. He said they used to try the PMD, but GM quit doing that, and had them change the pump and put a hammer through the old PMD before disposing of the old pump. (I asked if I could have the old PMD but it was already too late ! ) I knew about the pump trouble from TDP, and was ready to go to another dealer if the first one gave me trouble. I didnt want a p***ed off mechanic putting a critical component like a pump on my truck. Attitude can mean so much in the quality of the job done.....

Marty Lau
12-02-2005, 07:28
Originally posted by Scooby:
When I had my pump replaced almost 2 years ago at the stealer, there was no questions asked. With the codes it set, (I dont know what they were- I had just bought the stalling truck), the mechanic told me they automatically change the pump. He said they used to try the PMD, but GM quit doing that, and had them change the pump and put a hammer through the old PMD before disposing of the old pump. (I asked if I could have the old PMD but it was already too late ! ) I knew about the pump trouble from TDP, and was ready to go to another dealer if the first one gave me trouble. I didnt want a p***ed off mechanic putting a critical component like a pump on my truck. Attitude can mean so much in the quality of the job done..... Hey Scooby with the DEALER giving you good service your bit of turkey to call them a STEALER.
Just MHO. tongue.gif