PDA

View Full Version : Who's Installed TTT Mirrors on a 2001?

Idle_Chatter
01-04-2004, 15:29
Okay, I got my TTT Mirrors just before Christmas and today was a good in the garage day to get them installed. Worked off the instruction sheet and ripped out all the panels and components to hook up the additional lighting on my 2001. Things went great until I got to the passenger side running light (yellow wire connection). The instructions are NOTHING like what's under my passenger fuse panel. I was a bit nervous about the tap location for the driver's side,when there were no "two brown wires" located next to the indicated tap, but everything works except the running light on the passenger side. Where did you tap in for this on your 2001?

Idle_Chatter
01-04-2004, 15:49
Well, just did some research on the TTT Mirror web site and answered my own question:

Mirror part number affected: 1020.
Vehicle Model - Pre MY 2003 GMC, Chevrolet and Cadillac vehicles. Problem with
installation steps no. 31 and 32- No orange connector on passenger side?
On the passenger side fuse panel, your vehicle may not have an orange connector to attach
the passenger side mirror yellow wire.
The yellow wire operates the clearance light function on the mirror, so this needs to be wired
into a suitable vehicle circuit.
Extend the yellow wire by another six feet so it can reach the circuit identified in step 31. This
means that the yellow wire from both mirrors will be wired into the same circuit.

Wish I'd known that an hour ago! :mad:

mdrag
01-04-2004, 20:23
Idle Chatter,

I installed the ttt mirrors on my '01 3500 the other day, replacing the Lucerix X-mount mirrors. My '01 was built near of the '01 production - 5/30/01 build date.

I also did NOT have the 2 brown wires on the DS mentioned in the instructions. My PS connector was orange however...There was an extra page of instructions stuck to the inside top of the box with the updated install info that you found and posted. I'm very pleased with the ttt mirrors, I like them more than the Lucerix. Pics of the mirrors at the second link in my sig in the MISC album.

Idle_Chatter
01-05-2004, 04:22
Thanks, Mdrag, went back out in the garage last night and ran the new crossover wire. No big deal, but I was using AWG 18 speaker "zip-wire" and if I'd gotten the updated instructions sooner I wouldn't have zipped 12 feet to single conductor and had to run two loose leads under the dash. Oh well. It's pretty scary spicing into massive connections and the BCM when the truck doesn't match the instructions! Mirrors are very nice, was diddling with getting them adjusted this morning on the way to work at "oh-dark-thirty." They DO make my clearance a bit dicier in the one-car garage, though! I think I have about 2" per side now, where I had at least 6" with the OEMs.

a bear
01-07-2004, 01:12
I also had to run the crossover wire on my 2002. Didn't mind though. These are awesome mirrors.

cmadmaxman
01-07-2004, 05:56
Of you that run the TTT's, do you think that the turn lights are worth it? Just a wondering before I order mine. They don't look that big to be very effective????
Thanks for your input.

Idle_Chatter
01-07-2004, 06:10
cmadmaxman, they are definitely bright. They have a row of LEDs that run on the cab clearance light circuit and a second set of LEDs that flash in conjunction with the turn signals (although in reverse phase: On when front and rears are off and off when front and rear are on - strange) You cannot see them from the interior so there's no irritation for you, but they are a very noticable outside and could provide some important notification of intention to other drivers. There's a definite "cool factor" involved, too! ;)