PDA

View Full Version : Instrument cluster...

mackin
02-02-2003, 16:04
Any you all that switched to a Escalade cluster want to sell your stock LOW miles cluster?? Or know where there just might be one fairly inexpensive... I seen one on E-bay but hesitated then it was sold.....Shoot me an email.....

MAC :D :D :D

wild bore
02-02-2003, 16:29
Mackin`, Not sure of the reason, but the dealer can check computer to get true miles on truck. :eek:

thechevyhdman
02-03-2003, 12:43
I heard through the grapevie, thats it alot more"involving" then just"looking" At your real mileage. GM representatives etc. must show up to dealership and verify possible odometer tampering. In my own opinion the dealership would have to have a pretty good reason to even think of looking for something like that. I would like to hear more though. Like what if I bought a truck, second hand with an Escalade cluster. Doesnt GM have to program the proper mileage into it. And how can I as a consumer have my dealership find this out. It definitely seems like there has to be some way of finding out. Does the ECM record mileage, or just on/off cycles?

mackin
02-03-2003, 16:13
Not THAT I, not me, NO WAY, am looking to do what you guys are mentioning..... :rolleyes: I want one for other reasons, like a core,ya that's it.....

But is the mileage stored in the short term memory, and constantly upgrading from cluster??? Or deep in bedded??? Or do the ones that know afraid to say??? Or even know as you haven't changed a cluster and plugged in a OBD II???

I'm thinking cluster exchange program !!!!!!

J/K .....I can hear you guys all ready...I Remember the guy and the rented tail lights thread??? :eek:

wild bore
02-03-2003, 18:08
Mackin`, in no way was I implying that a gentleman of your character would ever do such a thing. :rolleyes:

I was just trying to warn others that may not know.

I was told a few years back,when it was popular to disconnect the speedo from the trans,not to do this . This person did work for GM , he said the service dept. could tell. I`m sure if something major happened to your truck, they just might check.

Now if you really want to change it for looks, I guess you could call and see what what they say.

Holeshot
02-03-2003, 23:47
Mackin
From what I understand if you switch the cluster on the 01/02 to a new escalade cluster the miles will go to zero. (check out any popular sport truck magazine i.e. truckin,sport truck, tailgate) to find a new cluster at a good price.

Now as for what the little birdy told me, if you replace you cluster and wanna put the low mile cluster back, you have to replace the BCM also. But thats just what a little birdy told me smile.gif
Also rember no matter what the engine ecm records the hours. Man i dont know I idle a lot. lol
hope this helps
Tony

thechevyhdman
02-03-2003, 23:58
Holeshot. I remember looking in Ebay once for a guy selling the Escalade clusters, and he more or less stated that, "He was authorized by GM to program in your current mileage at replacement." And being that a STOCK Escalade cluster is GM I would figure you would have to prove mileage in some shape or form. When my cluster wet south(about a year ago my odometer digital display would disapper along with PRND321) It was replaced by the dealership and the mileage was recorded as it was. But whats not to say that I find one in a junk yard and replace mine. For some odd reason I thought the VIN number was put on each cluster(or programmed in?) All I know is its a federal offense, and not worth screwing with.......But I am definitely looking into a really cheap EXTENDED WARRANTY :D :D :D ......No comment Bill

mackin
02-04-2003, 05:00
Easy there Bill !!!!!!

Put that Cat back in the bag ~
Thanks Holeshot you Da Man.....Like you sometimes I idle my truck all nite....Block heater, WHAT block heater !!!!! ;)

I in know way would endorses this, I just don't walk the same beaten path, I'm a right left kinda guy !!!!! :eek:

Actually I just wanted a stock cluster with stock face plate... tongue.gif

I don't know about that Escalade warranty thing Bill is talking about.....

No vin bro !!!!! ;) tongue.gif

More shopping will it ever end ......WHOA broads say that !!!!!

Is this what it has come to??

Holeshot
02-04-2003, 15:53
I wanna put an escalade cluster in my 03 but they changed eveything :( Guess ill just have to wait till they catch up, and make all the fullsizes with the same dash to get a cool one. Anyone seen replacement faces for the diesel?

Later guys
Tony

NWDmax
02-05-2003, 08:26
Hey Mac,got a new catalog from Performance Products yesterday.They have the Escalade faceplates for our trucks.There web address is www.performanceproducts.com.
Hopefully that works for ya. Blake

matt-max
02-05-2003, 10:01
hey NWDmax

can you provide a part number and/or manufacturer for that cluster cover?

i have not been able to find it on their site.

thanks
matt

NWDmax
02-05-2003, 12:34
Mattmax,the part ref. # is 5589 for 1999 thru 2002 Silverado/Sierra trucks.They also have ref. # 5590 and 5591 for 2000 thru 2002 Suburban/Tahoe or Yukon/Yukon XL applications.Looks like the 2003 stuff is not available yet.They don't show the Escalade pod for the 2500/3500HD series trucks but after looking in my wife's 2001 Tahoe they're the same thing except for the tranny temp gauge.Where our tranny temp gauge is the Tahoe has got an idiot light or something.Its the same size as our gauge so it should work with a minumum of mods.Someone else on here has an Escalade cluster or this same pod so we should be able to figure it out.
The manufacturer is shown as "nr"(whatever that means).
Cost is listed at $200.00.
There phone is 1-800-588-7472.
Hope this answers your ?.
Blake

[ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: NWDmax ]</p>

matt-max
02-05-2003, 15:31
thanks nwdmax!

i was looking by vehicle so it wasn't showing up.

matt

NWDmax
02-05-2003, 20:57
Your welcome Matt. :D

sonofagun
02-11-2003, 17:01
MAC,
***son, at jpcustoms.com sells the Escalade kits. He could probably put you together with someone that is losing the stock unit.

A thought.

Bob

BIG Brother :eek: :eek:
j a s o n = Jason

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>

DMAX Daddy
02-13-2003, 17:14
Aye JP Customs has a big selection of clusters.

HK 3
02-14-2003, 03:10
Mackin: I have a low mileage 2002 OEM instrument cluster. If you still are looking for one, I can be reached @ hkhk3@aol.com; or 801-582-5347

sixl
02-14-2003, 09:55
I sell the Escalade clusters no big deal I have them in blue, white, and silver for 01-03. I also have H2 clusters all of this is new smile.gif It takes about 15 min to change them over and they all come with a card so you can put your factory cluster milage down and add it to your new. All of this are whole clusters not overlays they will have 0 miles and 0 hours.E-mail me if any one is interested. msixl@aol.com

Duramaxdiesel
02-14-2003, 12:37
Mackin,

Shoot me an e-mail. I have some intresting info you might like to know :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Duramaxdiesel
02-14-2003, 12:39
OOPS email addy is nickandkiara@hotmail.com