PDA

View Full Version : scangauge review....

Dvldog 8793
11-23-2005, 06:06
Howdy
About 1 month ago I purchased a Scanguage from www.scangauge.com (http://www.scangauge.com) This unit plugs directly into the OBDII plug and uses the ECM info for guage options and also as an onboard scantool. So far the scangauge has worked great. The menu driven gauge options are good and seem more accurate than my dash gauges. Also many things are available such as intake air temp, instant MPG(relies on programed info, so accuracy could be so-so), load percentage, fuel GPM rate, plus many others. The scantool part is pretty basic, but very functional. It allows reading and clearing of codes. I have a transmission wiring harness that every once in awhile causes a trans code to appear, this causes my trans to go inot limp mode and is a real pain(not quit as much of a pain as it would be to fix!) up until now I have had a small scantool in my glove box to clear this. The scanguage works just as well. Install is pretty much plug and play, it gets EVERYTHING it needs from the OBDII.
Only complaint would be the blocky look of the thing. It would be nice if they could have added Boost in place of the manifold pressure and Trans temp would be nice.
All in all it seems like a good deal when price is considered. I'm not trying to endorse anything, just passing along some info on what seems to be a good product.
L8r
Conley