PDA

View Full Version : More LED lights ...........

hoot
02-04-2003, 06:44
On the same line as the little LED strip under the tailgate that comes with the 3500 dually's.....

I like the idea but wanted to be different.

I purchased a full length LED strip from JP Customs. $104 shipped. It either plugs into a flat four trailer plug or you can hard wire it. The neat thing about it is it's built so that half of it goes up in intensity with the turn signals or the whole thing does with brakes and four way flashers.

So any way, I plugged it in and laid it accross the bumper. My first impression was.. What the heck did I buy. A strip of red dots all the way across the back of my truck. It looked like something you'd see in the inner city.

While fiddling around with it to see how it would attach, I dropped it in behind the bumper.

Low and behold! The coolest thing. My truck is white. The LED bar caused that entire space under the tailgate to glow red. No more row of tiny lights but a cool red "bar" of light reflecting on the white paint.

I made up some simple bracketry to mount it in the optimum reflective position.

I love it. As soon as I get a chance I'll shoot some pictures.

[ 02-04-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

a bear
02-04-2003, 09:57
Is it the same as the LED light bar on Altec's sight. It's called (Line Of Fire LED Light Bar). This one is real nice. :cool:

hoot
02-04-2003, 13:35
That's it.... Line of Fire

Hammer Down
02-04-2003, 23:05
I purchased the same thing a few months ago. The glow on yours looks great without seeing the actual bulbs. Nice touch.

Bigwheel
02-05-2003, 18:26
Hammer:
I'm looking for the best fit for component speaks for the doors, would like to use the Boston Pro 6" or 5-1/4 pro's, and make a box for the back for two 10" JL Audio pro subs. I gather there is no room in the doors to fit a 8" sub?. I'm in the planning stage now. Where did you get your neo light kits? Thanks for info.
Chad