PDA

View Full Version : need part numbers

dmaxster
12-07-2002, 17:34
need to have the part number for the new heater head unit....I have the LS but don't have the RWD. and have added the heated mirrors. and now need to have the RWD switch but need a part number if anyone has it ....THanks...dmaxster :cool:

DmaxMaverick
12-07-2002, 19:58
dmaxster

I did the same on my '01. It works without the RWD. Took all of 10 minutes to switch them out. The part is $62 at gmpartsdirect.com . Dealer wanted more than twice that. Cheers.

Dawg
12-07-2002, 20:36
Here is a dumb question. What are you guys doing with your heater? I have an LS w/o the rear window defogger. Thanks

DmaxMaverick
12-07-2002, 20:46
The addition of heated outside rear view mirrors requires a switch. You could wire up to a toggle switch, but why? Replace the HVAC control head with the one with the "rear defog" button and Shazam! No new wires and the timer works OEM.

If you don't have rear defog/heated mirrors, check it out. Everything is bolt-on. The complete job took me less than 20 minutes, mirrors and head. The addition of a defog rear glass is a snap in the future, as the wires are already there as well.

dmaxster
12-08-2002, 12:36
Thanks guys.....

DmaxMaverick....I'll take you up on the heads up Play....Looks like I'll be going to Parts Direct....Thanks Greatly Appreciated...dmaxster :D