PDA

View Full Version : Ranch Hand Owners...

chicoc48
02-04-2003, 20:27
Ok, by now I'm sure someone out there has put on a ranch hand bumper or two.
I had my first incident with my truck this weekend, which resulted in a trashed rear bumper and some sheet metal damage. :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm leaning towards some kind of an aftermarket replacement. The ranch hand stuff looks nice, but is hard to find any around this area to look at. I was only planning on doing the rear, since that's all that really got damaged, but I really like the looks of their front "Bullnose". Anyone out there put one on a new HD?
Also- any recommendations on the rear replacement and/or options? It appears that you must order a reciever tube as an option? What about access to the spare?
Can anyone point me towards a dealer that will work with me on shipping to WI? Last of all, what should all this stuff set me back?

Thanks for your time...

chico

GBurton
02-04-2003, 20:40
chicoc48

Go to this posting to find out about saving shipping costs on Ranch Hand products.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000738&p=

"Also- any recommendations on the rear replacement and/or options? It appears that you must order a reciever tube as an option? What about access to the spare?"

I have the Ranch Hand rear "Cowboy" bumper. No problem with access to the spare tire or to the stock receiver tube EXCEPT I had to buy an extended mount for the ball. It that is a problem you just order the bolt-on receiver option. In my case, I only use the 2" receiver hitch to pull a light-weight trailer that I use to go to the dump. The big trailer uses a 5th wheel hitch.

George

George

Modified
02-06-2003, 19:53
chicoc48 :

I talked to Joel at Precision Sports, in Oshkosh, WI. this past summer, and he said he was just starting to selling Ranch Hand. At that time, he was starting to order, and at least initially, he didn't plan on ordering a huge inventory.
I have never delt with this business before, so I know nothing more about him or his business.

Precision Sports
4717 State RD 44
Oshkosh, WI.
(920)233-2274

Alli-max
02-07-2003, 14:03
chico...

you can pick up the front and rear bumper with 2 fingers! Ironic with a truck named HD huh...

If you have any reason to shoot down to Tejas, there are lots of places to get one. Another place to call....

Browns Welding in New Braunfels, Texas. Do an internet search for phone number. They dont have a website, but will send you a catalog.