PDA

View Full Version : Installing Winter Grille Cover ?????

Jomar
01-06-2005, 18:51
Am I reading the directions wrong, are the directions written wrong or what ?? I`m going to Colo. next month and thought I ought to see how the winter grille cover fits. I had never even unfolded it to see what it looked like since I bought my `02 D/M. I read the directions in the Diesel Supplement book and they are:

1. Pre-bend all the small black tabs into a " J " shape.
2. Remove the four push pins and slide through each of the pre-punched tabs.
3. Install the four push pins into the grille.
4. Hooked all the tabs to the grille.
5. Fasten the snaps.

There are NO pre-punched tabs on the grille cover and there is no place to fasten the snaps. Anybody got any ideas how these cover are attached. The bottom and side tabs that I bent worked fine but where do you fasten the snaps ???
Jomar

MAV
01-06-2005, 20:21
You should have 4 felt like tabs about 3 inches long by 1 inch wide with a metal snap on one end and a hole in the other. The 4 plastic push in connectors that hold the black plastic radiator cover in place have to be removed to mount the 4 tabs in place. Your step 2. Each plastic connector has a pin that runs through the center. Remove the center pin and you can remove the connector and insert the tab. Reinstall. Cover will snap across the top.

Jomar
01-07-2005, 07:29
Thanks Maverick,
I finally realized that I had to have some parts missing. I went to the dealer and the parts mgr got a picture of the cover and it showed the 4 tabs that have the male half of the snap on one end and a hole in the other end. Now all I have to do is find the tabs. I have had these covers since I bought the truck in Sept. of `01 and never have even looked at them. Don`t know what happened to the tabs. Thanks again. BTW, are you the same Maverick that used to live in Wassilla, Alaska ?

Jomar

MAV
01-07-2005, 19:57
Wasilla, AK...Yep thats me. Was fun for almost 3 yrs but time to come back to the lower 48.

Did the dealer say he can order the tabs seperately for you?

Jomar
01-12-2005, 17:07
Mav, sorry I didn`t get back to you, but my computer went on the blink last Fri. and I just just got it back from the hospital. Yes the dealer ordered some of the tabs and push pins. In fact the parts mgr wasn`t familiar with these covers down here and had a hard time finding the covers in the computer. Anyway he found them and I said I needed 4 of the tabs but failed to mention to him that 4 come in a package and he ordered 4 packages. I`m sure he can just send the other 3 packages back. Thanks for the info, and I bet it`s not as cold where you are now as it was in AK. I like the Wasilla area in the summer time, been there 4 times in the last 12 yrs.