PDA

View Full Version : PIAA FRONT AIR DAM

atvpilot
01-17-2004, 13:54
Motovet,
I would like to find out where I can get a PIAA Front air dam like you have on your 02 chevy. I have an 02 GMC and have been looking on the internet but unable to locate one for an 02 GMC.
Thanks

mdrag
01-17-2004, 14:44
atvpilot,

I have the PIAA air dam on my '01 Chev. AFAIK, PIAA did not have one for the GMC trucks - I don't know if that has changed.

I looked around the PIAA WEBSITE (http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamps-VehicleSpecific.html) and could only find part# 30520 listed for the '99 - '02 Chev Silverado. :(

There are pics of the PIAA air dam scattered through the albums at the two links in my sig.

atvpilot
01-17-2004, 16:08
Thanks Mdrag I found a site called PIAA air dams, but it only lists 02 chevy nothing for GMC . I am going to call them on Monday. They have a really sweet air dam with the 520's on the outer edge and a pair of 510's in the center. ;)

[ 01-17-2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: atvpilot ]

Ltrainracing
01-17-2004, 19:45
please let me know what you find out, i was also looking to get a set of PIAA lights to replace my stock fog light. thanks

atvpilot
01-18-2004, 17:12
Mdrag,
Just checked out your ride. Swweeeeetttttttttttt. :D How do you like the PIAA front air dam????? How are the fog lights? Do you get enough light and How are the center driving lights. Can you up grade the driving lights to 100w bulbs in each??????? :confused:

mdrag
01-18-2004, 20:35
atvpilot,

Thanks for the compliments on the truck.

I remain pleased with the PIAA air dam. It is high quality with great fit and finish.

The outer lights are PIAA 80 Pro XT driving lights with 120W H3 bulbs, installed using a dedicated switch/relay so they can be switched on at any time. The inner lights are PIAA 959 fogs, wired using the existing OEM fog light switch/circuit. I don't remember the bulb wattage on the 959's.

...Do you get enough light...The UV index in OK is amongst the highest in the country, so I limit my light exposure accordingly... tongue.gif :D

Combined with Kennedy's HD light harness/4 lamp high beams, the light output is hard to beat. Informal testing with Phillips 100W Rally high beam bulbs {before they were discontinued) showed that the PIAA 80 Pro XT lights did NOT contribute that much light. Now that I'm running DOT approved Phillips 60W HB bulbs, the 80 Pro driving lights are VERY noticeable. I looked for the 959 fogs on the PIAA website and did not see them listed. The 959 appear bluish when off, and put out a yellow light that I feel is extremely helpful in foggy conditions.

Check out the recent LIGHT BOOSTER (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/lightbooster.htm) product review by More Power for his views of a similar product offering.

atvpilot
01-19-2004, 13:24
Hey Mdrag,
I just called USA Truck Stuff and Wendy called a couple of mfg's and she found that they don't make them for the HD. Doesn't sound right to me. I did get the # for PIAA-1-503-643-7422 but they had me on hold and never picked up so I never got an answer and calling from NY to Calif is getting a little expensive to be on hold. If anybody gets through and gets another answer please let me know. thanks

mdrag
01-19-2004, 21:07
atvpilot,

I know Part# 30520 as listed on the PIAA website (direct link) (http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamps-VehicleSpecific.html) for the '99 - '02 Chev Silverado works on the '01/'02 3500/2500HD Chevrolet trucks since this is what I have on my truck. Also same part# listed to work on '00 - '03 Tahoe/Suburban. Scroll down to the bottom 1/2 of the page and look at the custom mounting kits.

I've never seen or heard of a PIAA air dam for the GMC trucks though...Good luck.

mdrag

FIRELT
01-20-2004, 06:10
atvpilot,saw this on ebay don't know if is what you want,mike http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2454763610 sorry i hit the wrong post and also started a new one

atvpilot
01-20-2004, 18:37
Mdrag and firelt,
Thanks for the info. I found a site called piaawarehouse.com It has the air dams and the lighting at very low and reasonable prices. The air dam goes for 155.00 and the 520 ion fog lights go for 179.00 a set. Guys thanks for the info again and the stock numbers. If I can ever firure out how to post pics on the site I will put them up. I will probably do the airdam and lights in the spring. It is just to damn cold now :eek: to do it and I don't have a garage. :D