PDA

View Full Version : Wahoooo!!! Just bought my truck!

hogbody
12-09-2002, 22:09
Just got home from from buying a 2003 LT CC SB. They have to go get in Washington St....will be ready on Friday. Got a $3000 rebate and with my GM visa got another $700.00 off.

Does anyone have any experience with National Warranty Corp. for the extended service warranty.
Quoted $1986 for 7 year 100000 mile with $100 deductable for Maximum coverage. Will refund premium at the close if not used.

The same GM plan is $2445.00

Any suggestions will help.

Damn.....I did it!!! tongue.gif

LA DMAX
12-09-2002, 22:18
hogbody,
Let me be the first from this page to say CONGRATULATIONS on your new truck. I know you'll love it. I don't have any experience with National Warranty, I got the GM warranty. I have had a bad experience with other warranties that were not factory. The problem is when it comes time to fix something, the dealer may say it costs "X" amount but the warranty people say their charge is "Y" and they "YOU" will have to come up with the difference unless you are close with the service manager. I paid the big bucks just to know that it's all coming from the same place with the same language and most importantly the same $$$$$. That's just me and my 2 cents. Again congrats on the truck.

LA DMAX

7th son
12-09-2002, 22:25
Hogbody,

As a long-time guy in the car biz, I can tell you without any hesitation that as a rule ANY extended warranty is a rip. Remember too that you already have a 100K warranty on the majority of the engine parts anyway.

Enjoy the truck!!

Ed

FisHn2DMax
12-10-2002, 02:55
Congratulations! A few months ago I got the same Truck and I love it! How did you get a $3000 rebate? Have GM rebates gone up that high? In October I got a $2000 and thought that was great. Also, tell my about the GM visa card. If you got $700 credit toward the new truck, how much did you have to charge on your card over the years to earn this amount. I usually change trucks every few years, so I'm interested.

I'd hold off buying and extended Warranty right now. You have three more years to decide if you really want one. GM will still offer you one just before you reach 36,000 or 3 years. As I see it, why would you let them have your money for three years for nothing. Try to hold off the warranty, if you can't, and the GM is too much, I recommend Warranty GOLD. I've had great luck with them on my Wifes Ford Expedition which has needed and used the extended warranty! It's now paid for itself! It would be worth a call to them. I worked with Linda Freiheit (1-800-580-9889 ext 4746) she was able to shave off another $300 from their Web sites best price and give me the top of the line Diamond plan with No deductable. She also offered a no interest payment plan for a year. It covers everything except normal wear items e.g, Brake pads, exterior paint. interior upholstery. Everything else is covered 100%. They've paid everything except the state sales tax and without the hassles I've heard about with other Non-GM warranties. I'm sure the factory Extended plan is the safest, but it was twice as much as the Warranty Gold offering and it had less coverage.

Again congratulations, and please tell me how you pulled off the $3700.00, Damn I'm jealous!

G.S. tongue.gif

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>

JEBar
12-10-2002, 04:57
Know Friday can't come soon enough for you!!! Congratulations!!! As stated above, Warranty Gold provided me with the best extended warranty .. 150,000 miles, time starts when you purchase warranty not the day you purchase the vehicle (so I'd recommend you hold off until you get 30,000 or so miles on her to purchase), with $0.00 deductable, covers almost everything, price less than you quoted financed in 10 payments with 0% interest ..... congratulations once again .... Jim

KGS
12-10-2002, 08:44
Hogbody,

See spring came early??? Congrats on the new ride.
We have National Warranty on our Expedition, just paid out $1,400 for new head gaskets at 60,000 mi. They don't cover fluids: oil, antifreeze, or oil filter. We paid the $100 deductable and I supplied the fluids, not too bad....
As for waiting on the warranty, some warranty premiums increase with the number of miles on the vehicle. Remember, the DMax may be covered for 100k mi., but the Allison is not and neither are all the electronic goodies we have. Just my experience and .02 worth.
Enjoy the new truck!!!

Kurt

deerhunter7
12-10-2002, 11:43
Hogbody ,congrats on the new truck. I bought GMs 7year 70,000 mile warranty. They wanted $1,500 and I told them Iwould look elsewhere. They dropped it to $1,100 and no deductable. They will deal on their extended warranties.

hogbody
12-10-2002, 20:03
Thanks for the info.......

I stopped by the dealer to check on service for my wifes 2000 Impala and asked if there had been a change in rebates. Chevy is running a $3000 rebate during December with some special financing on remaining 2002's. We started talking and the deal came together......so much for waiting for spring. I couldn't find anything on the rebate on the various web sites. I did see other dealers in the area, Eugene, Oregon advertising the rebate.

My GM charge card pays a 5% rebate on all purchases. I use it for work and pay it off each month and it just added up over time. There is a special rebate for Gold card holders that is active right now that adds $500.00 on top of the purchases. Unfortunately I had a Platnum card.
The balance runs for seven years I think. Check the web site at for the card.

I probably will take delivery on Thursday. I bought a LT, White with tan interior, and everything but he xm radio system I think......Happy with the deal at Brads Chevy in Cottage Grove, Or

I've been lurking on this board for about a year now and I hope I don't have to post with a problem.

I will signed up as a paying member soon...

Thanks for all the information...keep it coming.

Larry GO DUCKS!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Maverick
12-10-2002, 20:04
Hogbody,
Congrats on the new rig.

KGS,
I had my head gaskets done at 85,000 and GM paid everything 100% fluids included. I also had an injector replaced at 98,000 and that was replaced 100% and they even waived my deductable because I was just in there 3-4 weeks prior and paid it already. Just wondering why they didn't cover everything?

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

KGS
12-11-2002, 08:25
Hi Maverick,

Is yours a National Warranty?? If so, I might have to talk with the dealer and warranty company. They didn't cover the head bolts either, $86 worth?? Now ya got me thinking, I am going to look into this further. :eek:

Thanks, Kurt

Maverick
12-11-2002, 23:07
KGS,
National warranty????? I was all covered, even the head bolts by the GM Duramax 5 year-100,000 mile warranty that came with the truck. I think you got ripped off. What would it matter to the dealer anyway? Either way they don't pay. The customer does if out of warranty or the General pays if in warranty. Goofy. Hows you truck running now?

KGS
12-12-2002, 11:49
Maverick,

Sorry about the confusion, this was on the wife's F**d Expedition. The DMax is running like a dream, can't wait to get "juiced".

Hogbody, tomorrow's the big day???? Enjoy!!!

Kurt

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited by: KGS ]

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited by: KGS ]</p>

Maverick
12-12-2002, 11:54
KGS,
Sorry about that. I guess I read your post to fast as assumed you were talking about your Dmax.

hogbody
12-12-2002, 13:28
Better news yet....don't have to wait 'till tomorrow. Will pick it up tonight. tongue.gif

KGS
12-13-2002, 08:22
Larry,

That's even better, have fun with it this weekend!! Good thing it's new, wet roads/DMax, a little wheel slippage. :D Roll on that power! :D :D

Take Care, Kurt