PDA

View Full Version : sniffer test

patrick m.
11-24-2005, 07:41
well i submitted to my first emissions test on the truck.

I had fears of what this test may include. Heard stories of other states requireing a neutral rev to the limmiter. Not sure what cat requirements would be for TN.

The guy stuck the mirror under the driver's door, and quickly hung the mirror back on the wall. There was no mention of a cat. Of course the exhaust in on the pass side, tucked neatly between the frame rail and the tranny, take into account the position of the exhaust along with the trans and T-case, he couldnt have seen any of the exhaust with that mirror..... (now im convinced, they just want more test vehicles which equals more TAX!

This was just a ten dollar tax, anyway no way out of it, he then gets out a machine that looks like a cheap pressure washer, i catch some of the label, it reads blah blah blah opacity meter.
sticks the lead in the tail pipe during idle only for about 12 seconds. Then hands me my reciept for my ten dollar tax, which doubles as my "emission compliance document".

Truck produced a measurement of 0.1% out of a maximum allowable 10%. as stated earlier only tested at idle.

Well, i have done my part to help better our envi............i mean help my states budget :rolleyes:

rameye
11-24-2005, 08:19
congratulations,

I'm waiting for my first test myself..

ooh the excitement..will he catch me cat-less??

Dvldog 8793
11-24-2005, 17:00
Howdy
All this talk about "cats"???? I mean I like cats just fine except that I can't find any good recipes....

Oh the joys of having a 3500...
L8r
Conley