PDA

View Full Version : The Isspro Whistle

Wildcat
02-05-2003, 17:45
I installed Isspro gauges last weekend and I have the high pitched noise that is driving me nuts. No big deal driving alone (radio cranked) but if you turn the radio down it is pretty noticeable Anyone have a fix that worked to quiet them up?

Thanks,
Justin

mackin
02-05-2003, 18:05
Autometer.....

MAC ;)

Dawg
02-05-2003, 19:17
I was just talking to a guy from our local shop that had a fix. I do not remember the details but if you call them I'm sure they will help you out. The place is called The Powershop, in Enumclaw, Wa. They are listed on the DP list of recommended repair shops. I think the owner is Chuck Arnold.

Wildcat
02-05-2003, 20:58
Where do I find the DP list of recommended repair shops?

Kennedy
02-05-2003, 22:50
1-888-4ISSPRO is the number. Ask for Don.

Last I spoke with him, they had it figured out.

Worst part is the inconsistency. MOST don't do it...

Dawg
02-05-2003, 22:59
Wildcat, I would just call the number JK gave you. But, if you still need help you can find the DP Recommended Repair Shops by going to the bottom of this page and clicking on The Diesel Page. Scroll down the page and you will see the topic.

YZF1R
02-06-2003, 18:12
I'll have to give them a call. Glad to hear of a fix. Mine does it when cold, and after 20 min. or so with the heater on it eventually goes away. Lately it's been worse. I've been to there web site picking out other gauges as I was considering dumping these. A couple times lately it has been too loud and it's driving me nuts. This info. came at just the right time.

Thanks!
Steve

Wildcat
02-06-2003, 18:20
YZF1R,

I called and spoke with Don at Isspro today. He said they are working on a fix for them and are getting close. Its something in the black box for the pyro that is causing it. The good news is he is sending me a new box that has been "bench tested" and should be free of the annoying noise--we'll see.

Hope that helps

Justin

Buck
02-07-2003, 15:58
I got the high pitched noise to. I'll have to give Don a call.

Wildcat
02-14-2003, 20:58
Mackin, I'm beginning to see the wisdom of your post.

Got the new "bench tested" supposedly no noise makin' box for the pyro today and guess what--no better.

If I don't get rid of that noise soon, I'm tempted to wrap the dam box in insulation and duct tape or something

YZF1R & Buck, you get a new box yet??

Any better????

YZF1R
02-14-2003, 21:41
To tell the truth, I haven't called yet. I have no garage and it's been quite cold to work on it. Expecting snow this weekend. Definetly want to do something as soon as the worst of winter is over. Frankly, I can not see the need for this fancy box. Just more wires and things to go wrong to me. I've never thought any of my other pyro's to be slow in reacting and really see no real difference in this one. It is supposed to react quicker or something like that. Would really rather have this thing the good old way, the "KISS" system. Just the wires for the light and the probe.

Steve

Wildcat
02-15-2003, 10:37
I can't help but think that there is some kind of noise suppressor that could be wired in or something, but I don't know diddly about electronics.
Isn't there a device to wire in on radio's or CB's to keep them from picking up ignition interference on a gas motored vehicle--maybe something like that would work.

I'd rather not toss the gauges and start over.

Buck
02-18-2003, 11:36
Not yet....

Buck
02-22-2003, 00:58
Don is sending me a new amp box

Silver Bullet
03-17-2003, 12:09
Any updates on the "whistle"???

Bmacs
03-19-2003, 12:17
Wildcat,

I bought the ISSPRO guages about 1 year ago - they whistled like crazy!! Called them up, they said they had a fix (this was last summer) - so I sent them the noisy ones and.....

They sent me two brand new, bench-tested ones that screamed EVERY bit as bad! I sent them back to where I bought the originals. :mad:

BUY AUTOMETER - mine have been in since last summer and work sweet... :cool:

[ 03-19-2003: Message edited by: Bmacs ]</p>

Wildcat
03-19-2003, 19:00
I've got my third box from Isspro, but I haven't had a chance to install it and see if it is any better than the last two.

TBC
03-19-2003, 19:12
Sure glad I saw this thread before I bought gages. I am convinced Mackin is correct.

Tom

Kennedy
03-20-2003, 10:50
I recently installed a set for "Coldfront" and there was barely a peep from it. I knew it was there, and knew to listen for it, but it wasn't bearly bad enough to create an issue...