PDA

View Full Version : Heated Rear Seats??

sonofagun
02-07-2003, 14:05
Just spoke with Jason of jpcustoms.com and he offers heated seat kits for the REAR of your truck. Now a Texas guy like me isn't a prime candidate but those of you in the North or in Canada may have an interest. I also asked him to package the ODLO switch with all the necessary diodes, lights, conectors, etc. so watch his site for that. I have used him before (audio wheel controls, home link, lighted mirrors) and his stuff is first class.

Bob

chuntag95
02-07-2003, 16:27
I put in the JP kit in my wife's truck. Just the front seats. It took about 3 hours total and she loves them. They don't get as hot as my factory originals, but then again, she doesn't have to turn them off high or self combust. :eek:

Kennedy
02-08-2003, 00:21
You Tejas guys should come up here for a while!

We were around -20

Piney
02-10-2003, 04:39
I'm not sure I could tell the difference between 20 and -20 degrees. Anything below 32 degrees and us Texas guys go numb..... :eek:

Jelisfc
02-10-2003, 08:53
You get used to it. It was only -7 this morning. Left the truck outside...good thing it was plugged in. I thought it was a bit nippy but didn't realize it until I looked at the thermometer.

I went to an Army school in Devils Lake, ND a couple years age in February. The lows were -25. We had two guys from Samoa and one from Hawaii. What a rude awakening for them!!! They did get used to it by then end though.

chuntag95
02-10-2003, 13:41
I ain't livin' anywhere that sees negative numbers! That's just Crazy! :eek: Back in 89 we had a week of single digits. The lake froze over and some id10t drove out on to the ice. End of vehicle. You know, if there was a Bahamas Tech, I'd have gone there. :D I plug the truck in when it's below 50, don't take the cold front off till 60. Cold is for polar bears and penguins. BRRRRRRR tongue.gif ;) :D

sonofagun
02-10-2003, 17:22
JK,

Would visit anytime in the summer!! Spent some time above the Artic Circle in my military career, saw -65 and a 50 knot wind! Looked out the window at dusk and saw the Huskies all curled up in the snow. Thought they would freeze. Went by (the window) at first light and they were gone (I thought) then saw them begin to poke up out of the snow, shake off and stand around waiting for frozen salmon dinner! Much better them than me.

Came to Tejas for a reason but don't mind getting out in the summers!! Few places are perfect all the time or they look like So. Cal. (used to live there too).

Bob

TooMuchMuscle
02-10-2003, 17:59
At first it went from: cold up north and warm in texas, and now you bring so cal. This is the best place to live other than the politics. Temps are great, Mid January and the lows are in the 50's and highs are in the 70's.

Just had to represent...

sonofagun
02-11-2003, 16:44
TooMuch,

I loved SoCal (wife was born there, I went to San Rafael HS, UCSB. There was a time when a drive from Santa Barbara to LA was easy and didn't take all day. I used to be able to drive from El Toro to downtown LA in an hour. Over the years that changed and I came to really dislike the crowds, freeway nightmare, and sometimes the politics. Texas isn't as crowded and the roads are much better .... however .... I can't say the politics got any better!!!
I would trade you for your summers though (that's why you have all those people).

Bob

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>

hawkeye43
02-12-2003, 00:02
i was out icefishing last night it was -26 on the lake in the morning. the truck started, good thing for high idle and heated seats!!!!!!!!