PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Horn wire on 01/02's?

oyazi
04-13-2005, 09:06
Been reading threads re airhorn installations. However, most (and the diagram) are for 03 and later. I'm concerned that the wiring technology change for 03s (and later) would not apply to the 01/02s.

I've installed an airhorn and relay and have everything inplace w/exception of splicing into the horn wire.

Someone mentioned unlatching of the underhood fusebox and 'flipping it upsidedown'? I removed a brace, unlatched and short of a crowbar, it moved not much. Diagrams for 03 shows the wire I need as black/green. Is it the same for the 02's?

As I understand it, there is a like wire going to the BCU. But where is the BCU?

Any help would be appreciated ~

madmatt
04-13-2005, 15:25
the horn signal wires are both black and one runs to your BCM while the other goes to the switch. They come out of the underhood fuse block @ connector 1 pin A3. this wire provides the relay w/ it's ground. the horn feed wire is dk grn and comes from connector 4 pin A6 and runs to the horns.

oyazi
04-14-2005, 13:14
MadMatt ~ Thanks for the info. That enabled me to locate it exactly. I was poking around on connector 2 w/o success of course ~ it was right below the horn relay. Hooked the VOM on and pressed horn button to confirm. Thanks again

[ 04-14-2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: oyazi ]

madmatt
04-14-2005, 19:41
Your welcome ;) let me know if I can ever assist you again.