PDA

View Full Version : RDS Auxiliary Fuel Tank

grf
04-19-2005, 16:49
Has anyone plumbed in an auxiliary tank without using the expensive harness and plumbing>

DmaxMaverick
04-19-2005, 16:59
Welcome aboard, grf!

Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 Accessories (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=5) .

D/A
04-20-2005, 21:01
I put a 60 gallon in the bed it has a on/off switch with a electic fuel pump and a solenoid I picked all the parts up in Mesa AZ Cliffs Welding. Very easy install

tmorris
05-19-2005, 17:57
I did as well. Get fittings at part supply, cheap 32 gph external fuel pump (any model will due). I used the fuel neck replacement unit that gave me the big opening and used pvc fittings and band clamps to plumb it into the vent tube. Install very easy.

Friend of mine did his different. He used a cutover switch from an older chevy dual tank pickup (get them new at Autozone for $20. He used fittings at the bottom of tank and uses the switch to basically "gravity feed" in a controlled manner to his main tank. Switch allows him to "cut off" the flow from the aux tank...no lift/fuel pump involved.

I have a 2wd drive model and I installed the switch in the dash locations where the 4wd switch would have gone. Found out that the black plastic liners inside 3 ring binders at the local office supply store had the same "plastic texture look" as the dash. Cut it to fit with a hole for the switch...Looks as if it was "made to fit"

Let me know if questions or you want me to take digital photos.

Terry