PDA

View Full Version : Oil pan heater install?

Dmaxin
02-16-2003, 11:20
Any of you have a oil pan heater from JK? It says to attach to a flat spot on the oil pan but there arent really any flat spots on the pan. I didnt know if it is ok to place it over the ridges on the the pan and just seal the gags between the pan and the heating pad? If i do that though it looks like it almost wont have enough surface area in contact to keep it stuck on. :confused: Thanks for any help.

YZF1R
02-16-2003, 11:46
JK may chime in here or you can e-mail him. Hopefully the heater is flexible enough to mold around the ridges. You may also want to ask about removing the black noise suppression insulation on the oil pan in the area it will attach to for good heat transfer.

Steve

AKDmax
02-16-2003, 14:25
The orange pad that JK sells should stick to the curve on the pan. I've always used orange permatex and duct tape. Slap it on, tape it, and in a coule days creep back under there pull the tape and remove the excess permatex from around the pad. Do the tranny while your under there. Easy!

Kennedy
02-16-2003, 22:37
I've got pics, but haven't posted them yet. It has to be on the curved part, because there is no flat part. There is only really one area large enough. When applying, I curl the pad a bit and start in the middle working it out to the ends. That way it wil not "bridge" away from the pan as this will cause it to burn out.