PDA

View Full Version : What type of Wax to use on the DMAx?

VT_mountain_man
04-29-2005, 17:16
Well now that is starting to warm up here in the north east. It's time to clean up the Beast for the summer trips. I would like to know what some of you think is the best wax/cleaner to use on the New High tech paint we have on the trucks? The past few winter months I have taken it to the car wash. It kept the salt and road grim off and yes it still looks good. I have never been one to spend the whole weekend cleaning and waxing the truck. Two things I look for in a wax/cleaner are,
1. goes on and cleans off without a lot of work.
2. How it stands up to rain water before it needs to be redone.

madmatt
05-01-2005, 15:21
I like the new Meguiers. It's in a purple bottle I believe.

ZDPDVM
05-01-2005, 17:32
I use New Finish its not quite once a year like they claim but it last quite a while.

Sheldon Kuhn
05-01-2005, 19:11
I would recommend Zymol. You can pick it up at any BMW dealer. Canadian Tire sells it as well be a little different formula and is a little less $. The product is fairly expensive but I think is worth it.

Chris Curran
05-04-2005, 06:54
Originally posted by Slik:
I would recommend Zymol. You can pick it up at any BMW dealer. Canadian Tire sells it as well be a little different formula and is a little less $. The product is fairly expensive but I think is worth it. Ditto. Discount Auto (aka Advance) or Autozone also sell it. Great stuff. Goes on easy, off easy. And no wax marks on the rubber!

mdrag
05-05-2005, 09:32
I started using EAGLE 1 WAX AS YOU DRY (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001476) after reading this forum post. Great product, highly recommended.