PDA

View Full Version : Never stops !!!!!

mackin
03-17-2003, 21:03
Finally decided on a instrument cluster......I liked the NU Image Platinum in the daylight tremendously ....In the night I just didn't like the blue illumination, that is my opinion,others may differ......

So I went for the Escalade Silver face.....Looks saaaweet ..... Truck has 10 miles on it now, what a bonus, fresh warranty...... tongue.gif

Took the blue bulb condoms off Autometers way to dark at night anyway, and now just clear to match....

I also opted for the 03 Rear Tail light lenses to fool my dealer on the mileage scam.....Then I noticed this is a 2500 HD lamp not installed on the 3500's....Ah the dealer won't notice, no Velcro residue !!!!!

Lights look real good...I'll admit I was a skeptic on the new look, but installed ,right move....Really match up with third brake light and light bar under tailgate....

As always see it here....=>http://www.pbase.com/mackin/escalade_

Ya ya ya I will let GM recalibrate my speedo,take it easy, I know some of ya are chompin at the bit..... ;)

Brokers says six places of ,YOUR GUILTY !!!!!!

MAC :D :D :D

LA DMAX
03-17-2003, 23:31
Hey Mac,
Now that your fuel gauge doesn't say diesel does that mean you can run 87 regular? J/K Heeheehee.

On edit: Cluster, gauges and lenses look nice.

LA DMAX

[ 03-17-2003: Message edited by: LA DMAX ]</p>

motovet
03-18-2003, 02:00
Looks good, I now have the Nu Image faces and like the look, but the illumination is brighter in some areas than others. And yes, the autometers are barely visible with the blue covers. Can I get a new cluster too?

CanadaKev
03-18-2003, 11:22
Mac,
Love the cluster!
Where'd ya get 'em? How many clams??
Kev

mackin
03-18-2003, 17:53
Kev

Got it from Jason at =&gt;http://www.jpcustoms.com/Webpages/Gauges.htm

Going to go for the door handles also....I do like the way the cluster looks,tail lights too.....Three bills,American,plus freight......If I knew they had silver,I would of bought it first rather than NU Image face....

motovet

Night time ,my only dislike.......Other then that,it looked real good.....Now to put the stock face back on..... :eek: Came off in one solid piece,and still a little tacky....
Yup you can get one,it's A'OK....

LA DMAX

At the price of Diesel ,It's tempting....

[ 03-18-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

motovet
03-18-2003, 19:03
Thanks, I probably will end up with the replacement cluster someday. I told my wife you said it was ok. Did you put the stock AC face back? Could not see that in your pics.

mackin
03-18-2003, 20:26
motovet

Never changed it....Still new in the box (Hvac cover) ....Up for panhandleing if anyone interested......

MAC

motovet
04-01-2003, 02:01
Hmmm, now not so sure about the new look of the white nu-image faces. Especially not fond of the A/C panel against the new bezel I put on. Two questions also. Something I noticed the other day is the speedo will start to stick or something.Seems to only do it at night after some time and if I tap on the cover it will move...what? Also wonder if the stock A/C cover can be had? I messed up the stocker and I may call JP real soon for a permanent fix.

mackin
04-01-2003, 05:03
Motovet

Perhaps you pushed the needle on a bit much or the replacement face is a bit raised in the area....

The Escalade comes in white also......JP Customs is a good source for the cluster......

Yes replacement Hvac controls are avail....Not sure if JP sells this piece ....Might just go thru partsonline.com or gmpartsdirect.com...Let me know which is cheaper....

I need a headlight control as mine sticks and is non functional in the cold..... :confused: To much I'll warranty it....

Haven't altered other then Billet knobs.....Maybe it's freezing it ,but yet my fingers don't stick ..... :eek:

[ 04-01-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

motovet
04-03-2003, 01:33
Found out as I expected that the A/C cover is not available and would have to buy the whole assembly for $125. I may try and salvage the old cover as some of the black backing came off...maybe a magic marker? Anyway a new white escalade instrument cluster is on the way and I am determined to get the A/C area back to the way it was. Just another expensive learning experience.

atvpilot
04-03-2003, 04:31
Makin
I can't pull up the post on your first message to see the guages and the tail lights and when i type it into the browser it doesn't come up. :confused:

mackin
04-03-2003, 04:56
atvpilot

I'm hiding it from Ma,Maburns that is ...... :eek: .... LOL

They're ,there click on my More /DA pics in my sig .....Escalade folder .....

MAC smile.gif

atvpilot
04-03-2003, 08:19
Mackin,
Thanks for the directions, but i gotta tell ya everytime I look at more of your pics I go deeper into debt and i haven't even spent a dime yet.hahahah really sharp looking rear tail lights and the guages are pretty awesome. :D :cool: ;)
Paul

jannal
04-08-2003, 07:49
Mac, very nice cluster and truck. Where did you get the billet covers for the fan knob etc., the shift lever and the taillights? Thanks for any info. jannal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2002 GMC 3500 HD SLT extended cab 4x4
DMAX/ALLISON - BD Exhaust Brake