PDA

View Full Version : Radar detectors in Canada? Legal?

BobNelson
04-19-2002, 06:58
A question for the Canadians. As I plan my trip to BC this year, is a radar detector legal up there? I have heard rumor that said "no".

What are the rules, please. :confused:

bearman
04-19-2002, 10:14
I hope so, I don't go anywhere without it. :D :D
Cheers
Bear

crafty
04-19-2002, 10:58
Radar detectors are NOT legal in all Provinces. I think they are legal in Alberta and BC but I don't know about any of the others. I do know that you don't want to use it in Ontario. You won't have it when you leave if you do.

Wheat Whacker
04-19-2002, 17:43
From my time hauling potash and other fertilizers out of Canada radar detectors are NOT legal in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, but that probably won't affect you unless you really take the scenic route ;) .

pinehill
04-20-2002, 13:51
Another thing to leave at home is your handgun. The Canadian government has a bad case of handgunaphobia, and will arange an extended stay for you there if you are caught with one in the country.

dmaxstu
04-20-2002, 18:23
Just called my sister in Ardrossan AB to find out what the scoop was on radar detectors so she called the Mounties and this is what they said:I just spoke to the authorities and they confirmed radar detectors are legal in Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba. The person I spoke to didn't know about the other provinces. I hope this helps you.Thank my baby sister. Stu