PDA

View Full Version : Ranch Hand owners

GBurton
04-23-2002, 08:24
I will be installing my front bumber replacement next week. Did any of you folks who have installed one have the front alignment checked? If so, was alignment needed?

George

TXDMAX
04-23-2002, 12:27
I had an alignment done after I cranked my torsion bars w/ the Ranchand. Yes I did need one after that. I talked to the rep at the store we use in Dallas and he said no not needed. But I know it it wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm sure those people out in Cali are going to like to see you in their rearview mirror.

pullinpower
04-23-2002, 12:53
I needed one also after I put some rounds on the t-bars.Cant beat the look.

DMAXDiva
04-23-2002, 17:56
Hey guys, I need some advice:

I'll be putting the RH "HD" front-end replacement and "Cowboy" rear bumper on my truck when I make a trip to West Texas in early May (there's a dealer in Lubbock that will save me about $500 for both versus buying them in Houston). My question is: should I go with the 7inch or 10inch drop on the rear bumper? I've put 285/75R16's on the truck which have marginally increased ride height (which is already pretty darned tall in stock form!). I plan to use a receiver hitch to tow our 25ft center console Mako, but I'll also pull a bumper stock trailer occasionally. Any input?

Thanks!

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

Charles
04-23-2002, 19:31
Hey DMAXDiva, what is the name of the dealer in Lubbock. It would be nice to know, in case I ever convince my dad or cousin to get ranch hands.

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: Charles ]</p>

GBurton
04-23-2002, 20:30
DMAXDiva

When I spoke with the factory folks last week you don't have a choise. They are only making the Cowboy with the 10 inch drop now. You might find a dealer with one n stock but it is not available from the factory.

George

GBurton
04-23-2002, 20:51
Ok, how many turns on the torsion bars? Ranchhand replacement bumper and 265 75R16E.

George

gregmican
04-23-2002, 20:56
I live about 10 miles from the Ranchand manufacturers. I even worked there for my summer year after I graduated high school. These grills and bumpers are the best out there on the market. Very well built, I understand now, all the welding is done by robot welders for a perfect bead every time. They are powdercoated too, not painted, which last a hell of alot longer. :D

Alli-max
04-23-2002, 23:05
Dmaxdiva... Why dont you run down I-10 to Shiner and look at their "seconds" (paint chiped, etc.). I bet you could pick one out for CHEAP...

GBurton... 4 turns on mine to level out the previous front end slant + weight of the bumper. I do have a "counter weight" on the back though.. :D

TXDMAX
04-24-2002, 10:24
GBurton I turned my torsion bars for my tires only. You don't need to turn them for clearance on the ranchand. It provides you with more clearance than you had before in the front (no front air-dam)Allthough it will make the front sag a little I think the unit weighs around 300 lbs
DMAXdiva that is an incredible deal for those unless the place in Houston is charging a fortune. As a dealer we don't get much of a break off their retail prices. Are they RAnchands or another brand because Ranchand only has a 10" drop for the rear.

Mudtrekker
04-24-2002, 12:18
Alli-max.. Tell us more about the "seconds" on Ranchhand products down I10 at Shiner!! Is that a town or a business?

I really like their products but they are a bit spendy for the "average Joe". I may be down that way one of these days so it would be worth a stop to p/u some seconds if they are reasonable.

Alli-max
04-24-2002, 15:57
Mudtrekker...

it is a town, and they are actually known for their beer (kinda regional beer, but I did have one on the East Coast once!) It is called Shiner Beer. Excellent. Look on a map between Houston and San Antonio. you will see it. Best thing to do is call ranchhand direct to see what they have in stock, as I am sure the seconds frequently come and go. You can easily put it in the back of your truck to haul home and install (unless you have a short w/ toolbox, then you would have to strap it in).

TXDMAX
04-24-2002, 16:07
Mudtrekker another good idea is to call one of their stores and see if they know someone who buys used stuff. I had but lost the no. that the local store gave me. Give them a call and see if they have anything worst case scenerio is that it needs to be re-powdercoated.

DMAXDiva
04-24-2002, 18:41
The dealer in Lubbock is Shamrock Accessories on 50th street off Slide Road (if you're pretty familiar with Lubbock, it's located where the old Frank Brown Pontiac dealership was for many years). I priced the HD at several stores in Houston and the best price I was quoted was $1195 plus install, and the Cowboy was around $500 plus install. I even called RH's direct line, and the best they would do was $1000 for the HD. The guys at Shamrock quoted me $749 plus install for the HD, and $349 plus install for the Cowboy (I'm pretty sure those were the numbers, but I don't have my notes in front of me). It's my understanding that Shamrock is a direct dealer (wholesaler?) that supplies to surrounding retailers, thereby offering the better price. I'm a Lubbock native that has been transplanted to East Texas, so any opportunity I have to enrich the Hub City's economy is worthwhile (besides, that $500 I save can go toward more goodies!!!).

I'm sorry to hear that the Cowboy is only available in a 10inch drop, but I guess that will have to do. I'm sure it will work just fine for my applications.

Thanks for the input!

GBurton
04-24-2002, 19:24
If you are not living in the Texas area but you are interested in ordering Ranch Hand products you might want to call Todd at:
AUTO TRIM DESIGN
2506 PHYLLIS LANE
BILLINGS, MT, 59102
Phone: 800-391-1668

I ordered my front replacement and rear bumber from him. He charged me the same price the Ranch Hand quoted FOB but NO SHIPPING charges. I called several of the dealers listed on the web site and he was the only one that offered that. What he told me is that he does not charge his local customers shipping. Since I live about the same distance from Texas as Billings he would not charge me shipping. I guess if you live in Northern Maine there might be some shipping charges smile.gif but for those of us in other areas it was the best price that I found.

My Front End Replacement was delivered today but I won't get to see it until Saturday when I get back home. smile.gif The owner of the shop where I had it shipped said "It's Big!!"

George

TXDMAX
04-25-2002, 07:52
DMAXDiva those prices in Houston are rediculous. The store up here quotes 795 for the front plus 70 for install and 400 for the rear w/ back-up lights plus 70 for install.

Alli-max
04-25-2002, 09:28
You can install those yourself.... If you remembermy bumper project about 6 weeks ago, my only help removing and reinstalling was a forklift. If you had 2 buddies and no fork, then it would be EASY. Plus, a couple of buddies and a few beers.... cant beat it. I am SURE you wont have a tough time getting the guys to come over and install the front clip off a train!! :D :D