PDA

View Full Version : It's Here, Underseat Storage Bin

Tinbender
04-23-2002, 12:24
After all the discussion, I got a call from the dealer this morning saying the storage bin was here. I think this is the closest thing to a bargin that I've seen from GM. Locking full width storage with a seperate small parts kit and mounting bracket. It has a net bag and a cloth bag under the lid for small items. My cost was $63.31. I am very impressed with this box.

Will post Pictures later today :D :D :D

See Pics; www.pbase.com/tinbender

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: Tinbender ]</p>

Maverick
04-23-2002, 17:02
Wow! Just like me. My dealer called this morning also and said it was in. Got mine for $36 and some change. Will pick it up today or tomorrow and post some pics also. tongue.gif

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

aero
04-23-2002, 18:00
Part # ? :cool:

Tinbender
04-23-2002, 18:04
Part #15175440 Listed as a container. This is a GMC Truck part. Must be ordered from GMC dealer as part of their Professional Series Promotion.

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Tinbender ]</p>

bora
04-23-2002, 19:12
Is this only for the extended cab or is there a similar item for the crew cab too.

Tinbender
04-23-2002, 21:04
These bins are designed for extended cab only as far as I know. Information has been almost non-extistent. Most dealers have not been able to order through normal channels. I just happened to run accross a parts mans that knew what he was doing, and then it still took about a month to get. :cool:

LA DMAX
04-23-2002, 21:48
Tinbender, that's a nice looking box, fits real nice too. I wish GMC would make one for the crew cabs, I would pay double your price in a second for all that. GM... are you listening?

LA DMAX

Maverick
04-23-2002, 22:53
I just updated my photos to include the underseat storage box in the "Accessories installed on 01' 2500HD" albumn. Man, this box is very COMMERCIAL GRADE in my opinion. Would be worth $100 easy. I'm more glad I got it for $37. Get one if you can. I posted pics of the label on the box with the part numbers for all to see. :D :D :D

wangotango
04-23-2002, 23:40
Outstanding photos of underseat box by both of you guys.

How is it that one guy paid $63 and the other paid $37.

w/t

Maverick
04-24-2002, 00:32
I got a better parts guy. He asked if I bought the truck there and I said "ya". I really did anyway and then he said $36 and change. I said order it up. Got it and like it. :D

Tinbender
04-24-2002, 10:34
I guess part of the difference in the price was that my dealer was so proud of it that they took it out of the box and carried it out and put under the seat in the truck. smile.gif Even so at $63.00 I'm still satisfied with the stowage bin, as I said on the first post that I consider this to be the closest thing to a bargain that I've ever gotten from a GM dealer.

Maverick, Glad you got a better deal.

KenZ
04-24-2002, 11:14
Tinbender,

You posted --Part #1515440 Listed as a container. This is a GMC Truck part. Must be ordered from GMC dealer as part of their Professional Series Promotion.

I got right on the phone to order one. Dealer said a number was missing in the part number and that I could only order this if I had a vin # of a "Professional Series" truck. Whats up??

How did you guys order these? I want one!!!

Thanks,

Ken

Redhawk
04-24-2002, 12:01
I think the right part number is: 15175440

Maverick
04-24-2002, 12:50
I posted a pic of label on the box with the part number on it. If your not sure about the number, take a look, print it off and go to your dealer. My dealer never asked for a vin or if I had a "professional series truck". I even ordered mine from a Chevy dealer. Take a look at the other label I posted. It says Tony Chevrolet. You guys that can't get one are getting screwed. Your parts dept. can get it if they want to. tongue.gif Redhawk is correct on the part number. See for yourself.

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

AlaskaDmax
04-24-2002, 13:10
Bora,
I am thinking that they will not fit the crew cab due to the framing of the seats being different and you would also lose the ability to fold those rear seats down....which I do quite often myself.

KenZ
04-24-2002, 13:13
Ok, Thanks for the part # correction, I did look at the picture of the label and called the guy back. He is going to try and order. He asked what you guys were paying and I told him. He said the $63 price was list. He gave he what he said was wholesale at $37.44, but didn't know if the system was going to kick it out or not looking for a vin#. The way you guys are talking about how great it is, I almost felt like ordering two!

We will just have to wait and see what happens now.

Ken

odoh
04-24-2002, 13:51
Just picked mine up a few mins ago. I'm impressed. It has nylon pouch, netting pouches on the lid (only one key tho). It has a separate removable carrying case w/compartments also. The dealer himself was so impressed he said he's gonna order 5 more ~ he wasn't even aware of it. He even suggested GM was losing money on it. This is fairly secure storage to carry things we don't want prying eyes to see.

Didn't need to have a VIN. Don't even have my truck yet ~ this A.M, GM said its completed and shud be shipped shortly.

Wanna thank you guys (tinbender in particular) for sharing this info w/the rest of us. This site is a treasure chest of knowlege.

Me be happy smile.gif ~ odoh :D :D :D

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

hickcox
04-24-2002, 15:18
Hey Guy's using the Part #1515440 my dealership was able to finally locate the item listed as a container. They found it in stock in Lansing,MI. and I was told I'll get it next Tuesday.

Thanks alot Tinbender for the revised number.

crafty
04-24-2002, 15:53
I have one on the way that was ordered last week. The list in Canadian funds is $81 and change. Trade price is $67.00. I hope to have mine by the middle of next week. After seeing the pics I'm sure it will be what I need to hold all my "junk".
:D :D :D

mdrag
04-24-2002, 19:24
AlaskaDmax,

I feel your pain :( - there just doesn't seem any way this would work in a crew cab. Besides the seat framing difference, the cc rear seats are much lower by a few inches - quite noticable if you look at them side by side...

Tinbender
04-24-2002, 21:36
Hickcox,
I hope I didn't lead you astray, I double checked the invoice and the correct p/n is: 15175440. Redneck posted the correct number.

hickcox
04-25-2002, 10:25
Tinbender,
No you didn't lead me astray, somehow I ordered the correct number,...Don't ask me how I must have got it from Redhawk's post, but confused it with your post, when I cut & pasted the number to my post (now I'm confusing everyone).
I guess I'm just a little excited knowing I'll have it after the weekend.

To correct my previous post I ordered:
"P/N 15175440"

And thanks for your concern just the same.

GMFAN70
04-25-2002, 15:44
Buddy brought his by today for me to check out. Awesome! I almost wish I had an EC. His came as Part #15175440, $48 in Grants Pass, OR (no sales tax here)

LA DMAX
04-25-2002, 19:46
Hey mdrag and Alaska, I wonder if we could find out the manufacturer of these boxes (I don't think it's GM) and see if they are planning or would plan a similar box for the cc. Just an idea.

LA DMAX

Tinbender
04-25-2002, 20:45
LADMAX
I looked at Mavericks picture of the label from his box. Best I could make out it came from: MAGNA STEYR, 2505 Wayne Haven St. Fort Wayne, IN 46883.

Maybe Maverick could verify that information and you could try contacting them.

Good luck, Bob

Maverick
04-25-2002, 21:53
The zip is 46803. The rest is correct. I didn't see any instuctions or other paperwork in the box so I guess that is it for info. I'll try doing a search on Magna Steyr and see what I come up with.

LA DMAX
04-25-2002, 22:21
Thanks Tinbender and Maverick; after doing some research on Magna Steyr I found out that they helped GMC with the Professional series and Pro Plus pick up trucks. I emailed Magna Steyr but most of the offices are in Austria. We will see what happens. Thanks again.

LA DMAX smile.gif

BobW
04-26-2002, 00:07
The box looks great, BUT, how do you get to the jack storage now?

AlaskaDmax
04-26-2002, 01:25
LaDmax,

Would not be possible for the CC...the back of the seat sits almost flush with the floor when you fold the seats down.

ALTHOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want a behind the seat box for the CC...someone mentioned in a previous post that DeeZee makes them...hhhmmmm

Calgary
04-26-2002, 07:50
AlaskaDMax - I've checked the DeeZee Accessories Catalog and they list three Cab Organizers. The CO-75 Toughguy - Fits most Full Size Pickups, CO-80 Toughguy Jr. - Fits most import and mid-size pickups and the CO-85 Toughguy ll - Fits most Full Size Pickups.

No mention is made of extended or crew cabs.

You might try their 800 number. 1-800-779-2102

Maverick
04-26-2002, 09:51
The box looks great, BUT, how do you get to the jack storage now?

I looked at this also. There is room to get it out still. If you have big hands you may want to put it in the box. ;)

DetroitBob
04-26-2002, 10:58
Mav. Did you purchase from Tony's in Wasilla?
What is the parts man's name. Maybe I'll try for one.

BoB

Maverick
04-26-2002, 12:47
DetroitBob,
Ordered mine from the Anchorage store. Can't remember his name but have one of the young bucks back there help you. They seem more willing.

JLee
04-26-2002, 14:17
Tinbender - I wonder if you might contact me directly at jimandkarla@hotmail.com? The local GMC parts guy had a question that I want to float by ya.

Thanks

Jim

LA DMAX
04-26-2002, 19:06
Alaska, I'll never, oops shouldn't say never, I will almost never fold down the back seat so that wouldn't be the issue. I think no one has made one because of the framing of the seats. I looked at the DeeZee ones but they looked like a wall storage bin you find in the office where you can put papers, didn't like it at all. I emailed Magna Steyr but no response yet. They seem like a very big company and I'm not sure if who ever reads it will understand what the he** I'm talking about. Maybe if all of us that would like to see such a storage bin emailed Magna Steyr something MIGHT happen... hint..hint.... I emailed their office in Ontario Canada, all the others were in Austria and I wasn't sure if they would understand.
Laters

LA DMAX

Tim B
04-28-2002, 10:05
Hey guys - On a previous thread someone had posted that this container was PN 15083315. Seems that you guys used a different one. Are we talking about different boxes or was the earlier PN wrong ?

Thanks,

Tim B.

odoh
04-28-2002, 10:26
I used PN 15083315 as initially quoted and thats what came in. Looks as depicted by Tinbenders pix's. It was shipped Fed Ex 2day and cost me $55.

Find GM P/Ns confusing ~ found that a certain bolt P/N wasn't listed and used a different P/N and the bolt that arrived, was the P/N not in the system ~ but it was the right one. Go figure. :confused: ~ odoh

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

Tinbender
04-28-2002, 13:02
I made the orginal post, the dealer had ordered the storage bin under that P/N 15083315. When it came in a month later it carried the P/N 15175440. During that time the dealer had done an order research and the reply was that GMC did not have a manufacturer at the time and was looking for a new vender. I seen the correspondence. A week later the box arrived under the new P/N. It seem that that is the number on the boxes that have been recieved. :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you think we're confused, be glad we don't work for GM. :rolleyes:

Bob

Bob

hickcox
04-28-2002, 14:56
Well I didn't have to wait as long as I was told, I received my "Container ~ P/N 15175440" and it was exactly as described from GM's Professional Truck web page. I told my neighbor what I had ordered and he ordered and got his Friday too.

It is so cool, I love the spring loaded lid to hold the top open while your loading, I didn't expect that, nice heavy springs too.
I had it installed in less then a half hour and then I proceeded back to the dealer to show him what I had ordered. He said he could only spare a second but once he saw it, he wanted a copy of my paperwork and a copy of the pictures I printed from the internet to show to the salesman and manager's. Needless to say I was there for about another 1/2 hr.

Ironhead
04-28-2002, 16:23
Do these boxes have a key lock? I couldnt tell from the pics. I think I will get one even if it dont but it would be nice to be able to lock it.

hickcox
04-28-2002, 16:30
Yes they come with a decent key lock but only one key (just like my center console).

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: hickcox ]</p>

hickcox
04-28-2002, 16:33
[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: hickcox ]</p>

3176CATPOWER
04-28-2002, 16:59
Stopped at dealership Sat. and service manager punched in part no. 15175440 and it showed up as invalid no..Parts man is to check into it when he gets back Monday.Probably only update parts computer once a year! Hope he finds something as looks like a nice compartment.

hickcox
04-28-2002, 22:18
3176CATPOWER,
Have your parts guy call in to Lansing and check stock, I was told they have quite a few in stock when mine was ordered.

CCR91
04-29-2002, 19:03
I live in Hawaii and ordered mine last Friday; supposed to be here in the middle of June.

First place I went was a GMC dealer. I nad him a copy of the shipping label and he said that P/N was invalid. I handed him a copy of this thread along with pictures of the shipping label and we had a showdown. He wanted me to leave and I said, "What else can I show you that will make you believe this is a valid number? How can a Chevy dealer in Alaska get this and you can't? It's on GMC's website." He said that he would have to call the mainland the next Monday during business hours. So he won, I left.

Next I go to a Chevy dealer and describe what I want and give him the P/N. Dude called a 24 hour helpline/recording on speaker phone, repeated the number into the phone and the reply was, "None is stock, if orderd now will receive in June." I forgot to ask how much and he called back but not on speker phone this time. He gets a weird look on his face and I say, "Are you confused because it is so cheap.?" Dude, says, "Yeah, it's only $60." "Order it up," I say. And he also orders one for himself. Parts Dept manger comes in halfway, hears our discussion and says he may start to stock them if they are good stuff. This place was great.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO PAINFUL??????????????

Maverick
04-29-2002, 19:11
CCR91,
Glad to hear you got one coming anyway.
I was looking at my slip and it says list price is $48.10. :eek: Even that is a deal. I got mine for $37.44. Where are these dealers coming up with $60 bucks?

KenZ
04-29-2002, 19:11
Picked mine up today! $37.00. Well worth it. Got it installed over my floor mats with a little effort. It even had a nice little hand carrying case inside. They did have the little plastic lock on the small case installed backwards. Had to pop it out, turn it around and pop it back in. The guys at the dealership really liked it. No freight charges either. Its pretty big. Its a great deal. I saw on his computer a $28.00 price. I think this may have been his cost.

Ken

Ironhead
05-01-2002, 14:14
Ordered mine today, I went armed with printed pics of the shipping labels that Maverick supplied. He came up with "no such number" until he looked close at the pics (thanks Mav) I told the counter guy that "Everyone" was getting them for $37 ;) He grinned at me and said sorry but they are 48 bucks here :rolleyes: Oh well I tried. But he did say it was listed as "temporary pricing" so I imagine they will cost more in the future. also said backordered till June unless another dealer has one to part with.

JLee
05-01-2002, 15:30
Pretty much same story for me - $45.00 and back-ordered til June 10th. I hope the "temporary pricing" doesn't change before mine shows up!

Jim

odoh
05-01-2002, 19:25
Maverick ~ Mine was $55 + Tx. I'm not a preferred customer at this particular GMC dealership. Just the opposite ~ have had a couple of loud discussions on the sales side in the past(albeit, I didn't think THAT loud). I suspect that I paid for 2Day FedEx. Nope, they didn't give me a choice, it arrived in 2days (arrive is the operative word) marked 'GM Parts HOT, HOT, HOT.' As you know its almost the size of a casket. Still, me be happy as I feel its worth 55 with or w/o 2nd day air service. ~ odoh

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

mowser
05-02-2002, 22:06
I just picked up my, very impressive for the money, "GMC" underseat storage box this afternoon, and I paid 67.40 Canadian "Pesos" + our 7% GST (a tax which our lousy liberal government promised to get rid of, "if elected", but didn't) for a total of $72.12. I think it's one heck of a deal. ;)

mowser

crafty
05-03-2002, 08:06
I picked up my storage box yesterday. Hope to install on the weekend. The cost ended up being $67.40 plus two taxes for a total of $77.51. It sure looks great! :D :D :D

mowser
05-03-2002, 08:31
Crafty

I see that you live in Ontario, the land of "RUST CHECK". I was wondering if you had your truck sprayed and if so, how does it react with the "WAX" coating on the frame? GM doesn't recommend that we use anything on our trucks but I would think that "RUST CHECK" might not be a problem and it's a great product.

mowser smile.gif

urcndust
05-03-2002, 10:00
Ordered mine on 5/2 and parts department told me it won't be here until June 10, but the hope to do better on that date. I paid 58 and change, but I didn't buy my truck there either.

SledZep
05-05-2002, 14:38
I too have a crew cab and wish I could something like that. Even if it was 2 seperate pieces, one for each side. I have seen some light weight ones that slide under the seat, but this looks better.

crafty
05-06-2002, 06:06
Mowser,
I didn't think about the wax on the frame when I chose undercoating but I decided to use Krown undercoating on this one. It doesn't appear to have done anything to the coating on the frame so I guess I'm okay.
We do have a RustCheck dealer in town and I had used it on my last truck but I also made two claims over 15 years for rust coming through. In the last one, they paid $1000 toward the cost of a new box floor.
Krown is backed by the APA and the warranty is the same so I figured I nothing to lose.

JF
05-06-2002, 17:22
Got mine today. Ordered last week. What a great value. Hate to tell you guys what I paid. I'm in auto repair business and have a charge account/wholesaler discount at local Chev dealer. Cost me $31 and change with no sales tax. :D :D :D

Road Kill
05-07-2002, 14:51
I got mine today. Last week the parts man told me maybe by the the middle of June if lucky. Cost was to be 56.00 Plus 6% sales tax. I said I will think about it. I went straight to the man that sold me the 3500 big boy, which,I love, he said he would get back to me, and he did! My cost was 40.00 total! Now that is a salesman that treats his people right. If you want a truck, or whatever, I would highly recommend Jeff Pacholka, at Garber Chev. in Midland Mi. as your salesman! You won't regret it! :D

YZF1R
05-07-2002, 15:09
Got it! Just FYI - ordered no. 15083315 and came with no. 15175440 on the box like everyone else. $50.00+3.00 tax.

Redhawk
05-07-2002, 17:15
As soon as I saw the original post, I called my GMC dealer, and the parts guy couldn't find it. I faxed the label over to him and he finally found it, and ordered mine and three more, but now I find out they are back ordered. This is the most popular accessory item since the thong bathing suit.

AlaskaDmax
05-07-2002, 17:18
Nah...thongs are still MY favorite!!!

Tinbender
05-07-2002, 21:20
Being that I have mine, maybe I should check out the THONG. :D :D :D

LT500
05-08-2002, 01:26
I got a call from my dealer this morning saying that my rear storage container had arrived but to give him a call first before coming down to pick up. So I called and he told me that the price was now $500 somthing thier cost! My parts man claims there was a price mistake, and has now been corrected. After I got off the phone with him I called another dealer and they told me $800 and backordered till june. Anyone else have this happen or know were I can still get on of these things.
Thanks, Bryon

Mike Colville
05-08-2002, 11:51
Same deal! 800 bucks now.....im always a day late and a buck short....

dl537
05-08-2002, 13:38
I too just got off the phone with my dealer and he quoted me $600.00. I should have ordered it when I saw this post.

Ironhead
05-08-2002, 14:16
I dont see how they can raise the price on orders they have already taken, and I certainly dont see how they can expect to sell ANY at those prices. That's rediculas. I have pre paid mine at 48 bucks, but if they raise the price when it gets here I will let them keep it. I dont see how a plastic box like that can be worth more than 100 bucks or so retail. It probably cost them all of 10 bucks to make it, if that. :rolleyes:

NutNbutGMC
05-08-2002, 18:20
^...........I luvs my crew cab. ;) :cool: smile.gif

dl537
05-08-2002, 18:33
The parts guy even told me that was a great deal at $600.00!! He said they might change the price after June 10th.

odoh
05-08-2002, 19:13
I love mine ~ but 600 ~ 800? :eek: Naw, gotta be a different box. Its plastic. Maybe its being replaced by a fireproof diamond plate box? :( A refrigerated box perhaps. :confused: This just boggles my mind. (mumble, mumble, mumble) ~ odoh :rolleyes:

Tim B
05-08-2002, 19:16
Just today I picked up mine. The cost was $50. It had been ordered for about a week. Maybe because it was prepaid they didn't check for the higher price.

Tim B.

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: Tim B ]</p>

pontiac_m18
05-10-2002, 10:14
GUYS, the rumor control(ME) has the correct answer!! I called parts division & YES part# 151754440 is NOW $575.57 + tax!! Those that got them say your prayers cause they were answered. Those that have them on back order BE CAREFUL when they come in & be prepared to turn them down. P.S. on a whim, called using the other #(15083315) & it is the same price = $575.57!! Or IF YOU WANT TO PAY ME!! $575 for that box or one close to it, let me know & I'll send you something!!! L.M.A.O. Howard :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: pontiac_m18 ]</p>

tonkater
05-10-2002, 22:23
my local dealer couldn't find it at first, then called gm, said it was an unavaiable part currently, with a temp list price of $961.13. Are they NUTS !! You guys who paid $50.00 are very lucky

crafty
05-13-2002, 06:00
I just checked with the parts department at my dealer and the price as of today is still a list of $80 something. Maybe it hasn't filtered its way up here yet. Anyone want to order one up here?

urcndust
05-21-2002, 09:46
Don't mean to beat this thread to death, but just got the call from my dealer and my under seat storage unit just arrived and when I asked the price, he said $60 and change. I said I'll be right down to pick it up. smile.gif

TxDoc
05-21-2002, 13:16
GMC dealer called and was told it is a "production part" that has to be ordered with the truck as an option and not available separately.

JF
05-21-2002, 16:19
$31.75... wish I ordered 5. :D :D :D

TxDoc
05-21-2002, 19:03
Does anyone have a specific dealer name, city and phone number who did have it and knows what it is?
Thanks

turbowind
05-22-2002, 11:02
I called and found the box available of June 10th shipping $1067 US Dollars !!! anyone one have a lead on a box for $575...I think I would pay that for one !!

Les

crafty
05-23-2002, 12:05
If I can still order the box for less than $500 can. (or even less than $100 like I paid for mine) is anyone interested? When I checked with the dealer a week ago the price was still under $100.

Ironhead
05-23-2002, 13:04
Dealer called yesterday to say "come and get it" He just gave it to me without even looking it up, but I didnt want it coming back on me so I asked him to look it up to see if the price went up. He looked in the computer and seen that I prepaid the 48 bucks and said "we're square".
I got kind of tempted to sell it to someone but I cant take advantage that way. I hope you guys dont pay out the big bucks for this box and send GM a message. Its a nice box but its just not worth that kind of money. Anything over 100/125 bucks or so would be just plain crazy!
To you guys that ordered when the price was low and then got told to bring more money, I would put up a fuss. Your dealer ordered it at the cheaper price so he is paying the cheaper price and then putting the screws to you for a wind fall profit. That is not very ethical. good luck

horsehauler1717
05-24-2002, 22:56
Hey guys, got my underseat storage box today. Its great. Cost was $58.58 with all taxes. Easy to mount and you don't have to remove the jack and other items under the back seat area to use this storage box. For the guys that have been told the price is out of sight watch out.....sounds like someone is trying to make a little money. This is one of the best deals I have got from GM. :D

sturgeon-phish
05-26-2002, 08:57
That bin looks great!!! Will it fit in my 96 GMC ext cab?
Thanks
Jim

bbugg
05-28-2002, 19:01
Picked up mine today - $55.83 tax included. It came from Lansing.

56Nomad
05-28-2002, 23:21
The Santa Cruz GMC dealer can still get them for $37
I had my buddy who owns a body shop order for me
and I picked it up at his shop.

As my friend Terry has pointed out to me, the only
problem with the box is the GMC logo on the lid..... :D Fortunately, I'll be keeping the seat
down most of the time :D :D :D

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: 56Nomad ]</p>

KenZ
05-29-2002, 06:53
56Nomad,

"Fortunately, I'll be keeping the seat
down most of the time"

Sounds like you live in a house full of women and well trained (I speak from experience 5 to one) I'm reminded every time I leave the seat "up".

TxDoc
05-29-2002, 10:39
56Nomad
I referred a friend to your post and he did a search on the GMC site for dealers in Santa Cruz. None were shown. Do you have a dealer name or phone #? Thanks

btw-Tony's in Alaska went up to $600+ and Garber Chevy in MI got a one in with the new price of $575.

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]</p>

56Nomad
05-29-2002, 12:40
TxDoc,

It's Marina Motor Company a GMC dealer
and the parts manager is Brad. (831) 475-3500

Good luck!

56Nomad
05-30-2002, 17:03
Ouch,

Two buddies ordered the boxes from Marina last week
for $37.....

They came in, but Marina GMC parts HAS to charge
$575.57 + tax, as it was a promotional item
only. :( :( :( :(

Jomar
05-30-2002, 20:25
Underseat storage update !!!!! For those of you yhat got the storage containers, congrats. Let me tell you a story. I called Tony Chev. in Anchorage Ak. on 5-21-02 and was told by 2 different parts guys that they could get the boxes and the price was $48.10. Three times I had them verify the price from the computer, and so I ordered 2.They even figured out the shipping costs to my location and would add that in. I gave them my chg. card and that was that I thought.I called on the 28th and 1 was there but they were waiting on the 2nd to arrive and would ship them out when it did. I called the next day and ask them to send the one since I was going to be leaving for a few weeks and guess WHAT ?? The second one had arrived but there was a problem and whats his name needed to talk to me.The cost had jumped to $609 and that was their cost but they would sell it to me at that price. Retail was $960. I declined that offer and have spent at least 4 hours since on the phone tring to get something worked out. 2 hrs. with GM Cust.Ser., the guy was aware of the price problem but wouldn`t tell me squant. He was rude, arrogant,left me on hold for 30 min. while he talked to Mike(Parts Mgr at Tony Chev)who also then talked to me . It all turned out as a shouting match. I asked to speak to someone else at GM and was told there was no one else but this one guy. I asked what his title was and he said Mgr at Chev. I asked to speak to his boss or Super. and he said there was nobody above him I could talk to. After a few more well chosen words we hung up. Later I called Tony Chev and asked for whoever was in was charge in charge of the dealership and talked to Paul who is the Gen. Mgr. He was flabbergasted and said that wasn`t right and if I was told the price was 48.10 that was what they should sell it for. He would check with Mike and get back with me. Instead he had Mike call me today and said the price was still 609. I have tried to reach the Gen.Mgr. again, but he never seems to be available. I have now gone to the FTC, filed a complaint,got some advise, then to Ak. Att. Gen., filed a complaint, got more advice and now the ball is rolling toward getting something done.There is also some lawyers in Anchorage. Anybody else had this problem. I know there is one in Nebraska. Any questions, my phone is 830 336 4315, email jgmg@gvtc.com

KenZ
05-31-2002, 07:53
Wow, I wish I had that much time. I know how you feel, but it just ain't worth it. You will spend $600 in time. I wouldn't pay the $609 for it because I don't think its worth that, but mistakes are made. They would probably honor their price if it wasn't such a descrepancy. Besides I don't think the dealer made the mistake. I have a business and have gotten quotes in writing that were rejected after I got the order. Its hard to force someone to take an order and loose money. It sounds like the dealer was doing what was fair by offering it at their cost. Once again it seems GM is the bad guy, and good luck getting anywhere with them.

I was one of the lucky ones that got one for $37.00. I knew I should have ordered a dozen!!

Jomar
05-31-2002, 21:34
My problem with the dealer is that GM says the new price went in to effect May 1 and Tony Chevy quoted me the 48.10 price on May 22. A price difference of this amount on a fast selling item shouldn`t take that long to reach the dealers or the dealer shouldn`t take that long to make the change. I don`t know who`s lying to me,so I`m starting at the bottom and working up.

odoh
05-31-2002, 23:46
Yo Tinbender ~ Wanna thank you for the qwick initial heads-up on this item. Yeah, us early, birds did get a coool deal from GM for once. I do sympathized for those that hesitated & the late comers. Can't see where this item (actually an organizer) would be worth the current asking price tho ~ but me be happy. Thanks again. ~ odoh

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

56Nomad
06-01-2002, 10:05
Jomar,

If you are serious about pursuing this issue with GM, I'm sure
there are some Forum members who ordered and paid for their
"boxes" at the lower price well after the May 1st date. Perhaps
you could use this as evidence???

I ordered mine at a body shop so I don't have a receipt, but
perhaps others do. Good luck to you.

Jomar
06-01-2002, 21:31
56nomad, thanks for the tip,that is exactly what I was going to do because things just didn`t jive between GM and the dealer. I felt they were both lying to me particularly after they talked to each other for 20 min. while I was on hold.

sturgeon-phish
06-03-2002, 02:21
As popular as the bin turned out you think some aftermarket (DeeZee, delta or ??) would make one.

CCR91
06-10-2002, 01:22
My wife picked mine up a few days ago and the dealer here in Hawaii did not jack up the price; still the original $60. I ordered it mid-May. Can't wait to install it.

TxDoc
09-10-2002, 19:33
btt for Glen;

Here are some other links on this forum:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000041

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000153

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000220

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000228

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000296

TBC
09-21-2002, 20:56
I recently priced the storage boxes at two different dealers and they were $600.0 to 750.00 and that was supposedly just a little over cost. The list is supposedly about $1100.00. I have never heard of anything with such a wide range of prices. Is there anyone still selling this box for under $100.00 like it was when this post first started?

Tom

ryeguy
09-23-2002, 12:32
Well, I spent a couple hours on this today. (I don't have a clue how I missed all the threads on this in the past, I would have been all over this right away back in April/May, like I was this morning.)

Visited 3 dealerships. Phoned two. Here's the summary (in Cdn funds):
- their cost is $1192
- one would wholesale it at ~$1300
- retail is $1683.75, most places were saying $1600, no deals
All can see both part #'s (old 15083315, last retail price of $84Cdn, new is 15175440, with the price being 20x).

One parts guy phoned GM to see if there is an error on the current pricing. He just phoned back. Nada, current price is good, it was the old price that was bad. He was able to print off a whole little picture with a parts breakdown on it, too. From that, we looked at maybe piecing it together from all the parts, but you can't buy the actual container separate from the complete unit... And the lid doesn't have a separate part # either.

Another parts guy did a search on all dealerships in the US and Canada, nobody had any under either part # (his idea was get a transfer under the old part # so I could buy it at the old price).

Most of these guys hadn't even seen or sold one. They all agreed with me that the $84 is a great price, for a couple hundred people like me would buy it and they could sell it, but not at the current pricing. And these are the parts guys!

Phoned the parts manager where I bought the truck (not close by, can't just visit him). He's gonna dig a bit deeper and get back to me. I played up on him first saying he'd "look after me" when I picked up the truck and was introduced to the guys there. :) He's my last chance now...

But right now, it ain't lookin' good, so am gonna be talking to my favorite aluminum guy about building a custom one that would bolt into the truck in a similar manner.

--Rob