PDA

View Full Version : Lund stainless screen front on GMC HD

Maverick
04-23-2002, 23:29
Does Lund make one? I got one on my Chevy 3500 but don't recall ever seeing one on a GMC HD. Anyone got pics of one on their truck?

AKDmax
04-24-2002, 00:11
Hey maverick,
Lunds shows the part number as 87202 on their web site. Have the standard front for mine. I think J.C. Whitney sells lund products. How's the weather down there? Sucks here.

DetroitBob
04-24-2002, 00:12
Mav. Try the following sites:

www.truckperformance.com

www.accessconnection.com

Truck performance has a picture. looks pretty good

BoB

Maverick
04-24-2002, 00:21
Thanks guys. I was surfing also and found a SS grill insert called a Punch by Putco. I like this look better than the lund. Want to buy my Lund SS screen front from my 3500 Chevy? I think I will get the Punch for this truck as well as the GMC. I needed the sun glasses today. I wish it would warm up some more. This 38-40 degrees stinks. I want 60's. Melt this snow.

Big O
04-25-2002, 06:33
Maverick --This week in La. it has been 80-85, and due to be in the 90's next week--nearly like summer in April. About the Lund, does it restrict air flow or cause any problem with overheating in the summer. Let me know, I might be interested in it. See my sig for email.

Maverick
04-25-2002, 09:59
Big O,
I bought it because there are a lot of rocks that fly off cars and trucks up here. My windshield is junk. Anyway it protects my coolers and radiator from this and does a good job. I like the look of the Putco better. When I am towing real heavy on one of my pulls the fan might kick on once where before it never did. It still gets plenty of cooling. Thermometer is unaffected. 80 degrees would be a total heat wave up here. Summer temps are a pleasant 70-75 and no humidity. Nice. tongue.gif I can send you a current pic if you like.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>