PDA

View Full Version : mudflaps..not too big or too small

pushpole
04-25-2002, 12:38
Spent an hour searching around with limited results. What are you folks using? I'm wanting a clean look with decent protection. Pics would be real helpful.

crafty
04-25-2002, 13:29
Are you looking for fronts, backs or both? I have some pics at the link below. The ones I have on the back are great but could be longer. The stainless piece on them keeps them from flying and looks good too. Some guys bought the Husky flaps for both front and rear. They bolt on nice and look good too. The fronts I have are a Powerflow two piece flap designed to work with the flares.
Good luck in your search :D :D :D

NutNbutGMC
04-25-2002, 16:17
^....Feel free to have a look-see at the Kaydenco flaps. Click in my sig line. The ones shown installed are 11" wide. The new laser etched one, that is sitting on my deck step is 12-1/2" wide. I am 100% pleased with mine.

DetroitBob
04-25-2002, 19:06
NutN. did Dennis custom fab the 12" flaps? He must really be in your wallet. Which set has the Dura cut?

BoB

NutNbutGMC
04-25-2002, 21:01
Dennis took the wider style and sent the stainless weights to a laser cut place. They cut the "Duramax" in it for me. This all started when he contracted someone to do the cuts at an additional $18 per set of flaps (or $9 per flap). As it turned out the contractor underbid themselves and found that the fee wasn't adequate for the time and effort involved. Well, at this point, Dennis had already quoted me the $18 additional and followed through on his word. They are fine folks. So now, Dennis feels that the extra monies for the laser cuts would not be fair or worthy of the business, so he has put that on the back burner, probably looking for a less expensive contractor to do the cuts, should he pursue it. Now, I have a set that they sent me and seems they won't do any more, so I'm tickled to have them, but more so, they stood good on their word and that, is excellent customer service. :cool: smile.gif :cool: Have a look-see on my pic page of the single flap propped up on the step. Look closely, as a reflection distorted the view a wee bit. The ones on my truck (in the pic) are plain.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
04-27-2002, 06:53
Not looking to praise myself. Passing along a little known 10% discount offer.

E-mail quote from Kaydenco.

Hi Chuck...Big Smile from this end....Thank you!
By the way, your right, the custom logo is a great concept and I am still trying to get someone that will furnish that service for me. I have received several orders from the fellows at this site, largely because of you. I do not advertise the fact, but I do give a 10% discount to anyone that orders from the group. It's working out very well for me. I will soon be an advertiser on this site as it is a great opportunity for my little company. Growing has it's woe's but you have made a bright spot in my mission to go forward.
Eternally grateful...your friend
Dennis

Unquote

Tinbender
04-27-2002, 10:51
NutNbutGMC

I like the looks of the Kaydenco mud flaps, but from what I see on there site is that they are completely supported by the fender, Is that true? I don't feel that that is enough support over the long run. Maybe I'm missing something? :confused:

Thanks, Bob

DSLPOWR
04-27-2002, 12:50
Check out my sig for pics of mine. They are solid aluminum treadplate, they look great and a re quite functional as well.

diesel-dog
04-27-2002, 13:52
Crafty

Nice looking rig. Where did you get the custom seat covers? :cool:

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
04-27-2002, 16:06
Check Out DTA Running Boards And Flaps.My Brother bought me a Set Of Chrome, Staineless,Tapered Boards And Mud Flaps. They are Really good Looking And Fit Like A glove. Bolt to Frame and Fender Support.
2500 D-A GMC Extended Cab,Long Bed,All Of the Goodies
Available Fron The Factory.

Alaskaan Kid

NutNbutGMC
04-27-2002, 17:39
^... The flaps that I have are mounted to the wheel well and fender edging. Also, I took a ty-wrap and added one connection point to the upper inside corner of the flap, to the cross-brace. There is an additional support bracket on the 12-1/2" width. I hope I answered your concern, however I don't see much else of a place in which to mount. I see your concern, but if I had any doubts (on my behalf) I would not have installed them. I have no connection to Kaydenco except to pass on the results of their fine quality product and my satisfaction. It's hard to find reliable and customer (satisfaction) oriented people to do business with, now days. smile.gif :cool:

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

crafty
04-27-2002, 18:02
Diesel-dog

The seatcovers came from Seatcovers Unlimited in Florida with only the GMC silk-screened on them and then I had a friend of mine who runs an Embriodery business stitch the rest on for me. I think they turned out great. If anyone else would like to do that, I'm sure I can arrange it!!!
Which province are you from?
:D :D :D

diesel-dog
04-27-2002, 18:25
Crafty
I'm about an hour south of you, in Stouffville Ont. Your friend did an excellent job on the embroidery work. I have a Siverado 2500 HD and am hoping the company in Florida will have a set with Chev or Silverado on them. How did you get in contact with Seatcovers Unlimited? Internet or by phone?
Again thanks for the info. :D

crafty
04-27-2002, 18:56
Diesel=dog
I think I got the phone number off the internet and then phoned in the order. I paid by credit card and then they shipped them up to me. Took about 4 weeks if I remember right. I think they do have covers with the chevy logo on them.
If you want to exchange some info you can Email me at "thecrafty007@yahoo.com"
:D :D :D