PDA

View Full Version : Aux tank on suburban

BigRoryG
11-29-2005, 16:12
So I'm planning an svo conversion on my shiny new '95 suburban. I'm planning on coating the inside of the 45 gallon tank and using it for the grease and putting in an aux tank for diesel.

Questions:

1) In order to put in the 26 gallon tank (the standard for the trucks with this chassis), what will I need other than:

12v tank selector valve w/switch
tank
sending unit
fuel line
straps

Is there a lift pump in the tank? Would I need to put one in the new aux tank?

2) I need to remount the PMD/FSD but I'm on a budget. Kennedy sells the saddle/harness and the cooler seperate from the new unit. I wanna go this way, and hope that the driver is still good. Thoughts on this? Am I going to be able to properly hook up the old driver to a new harness?

Thanks.

Marty Lau
12-21-2005, 13:37
Originally posted by BigRoryG:

2) I need to remount the PMD/FSD but I'm on a budget. Kennedy sells the saddle/harness and the cooler seperate from the new unit. I wanna go this way, and hope that the driver is still good. Thoughts on this? Am I going to be able to properly hook up the old driver to a new harness?

Thanks. I have a used Beta cooler like Jk sells that I will sell you for $75 including shipping standard UPS or Postal. It comes with a #9 resitor and a DEAD FSD.

venture
12-26-2005, 15:29
You just need a lift pump and mount the tank valve as close to the Injection pump as you can. How well did the tank fit and which one is it? I am thinking of geting a larger one, I have a 16 gal from a 87 GM PU in my 99 burb. Don't forget to heat the return line, and get a separate fuel filter (heated) for the vegie.

BigRoryG
02-07-2006, 16:29
So 1) I ended up getting the Heath PMD remount. Works great, although he says to put it on the skidplate which is suspiciously absent from my vehicle... odd.

2) I tried the stock tank for that model of truck and it was WAY too big for the spot.

There is clearly a space for a fuel tank under the vehicle there, but it's unclear what tank it is. I ended up going with a 120 qt. Igloo cooler from WalMart in the rear... well insulated, but cumbersome. Also, I think the oil is eating the insulation... could be a short term solution, so if anyone knows what tank would fit under my 95 suburban chassis on the driver's side there, let me know.