PDA

View Full Version : strobes?

tmg115
04-27-2002, 21:31
on my truck on the tail light lens housing there is a red reflector on the bottom. i was wondering if i could put some strobe lights in there?

PS i am not doing this for show. i am often on the side of the road doing things so i want more visability. the flashers just don't cut it.

Maverick
04-27-2002, 22:41
I don't see why not. AW Direct is a leader in the towing, recovery, & service vehicle accesories. They have all kinds of strobes. You can drill a hole in the reflector and put one in. You can put them in the headlights also if you want to drive around and look like "Walker Texas Ranger". :eek: Their web page is here... www.awdirect.com ;)

DSLPOWR
04-28-2002, 11:30
tmg115- I'll have to agree with maverick, AW Direct is a good company to deal with, you could also try Gall's (www.galls.com), they are a huge company that deals with law enforcement and emergency personell (public saftey). Names like Code 3 and Whelen are the best, I found the cheapies don't last as long and they are hard to get warrantied/fixed. I installed the Whelens in my brake light housings and in the turn signals in front too, they are nice and bright as hell. One thing you may want to take into consideration is if you were to put them in the rear and they strobe red it may not be legal where you live, here in Michigan you can only run amber warning lights as clear, red, and blue are for emergency vehicle use only.

dmaxster
04-28-2002, 13:09
hey guys I have the corner stobes just like you are talking about here......mine are Federal Signal strobes and I had gotten mine from Monroe trucking......My buddy worked there and he had gotten them for me on a deal...I paid 200.00 for them they are the six bulb strobe combination.....I put four in the front of the truck and two in the rear....the rear ones I put in the turn signal housing and they look awesome....I put two in low beam and one in each clearance light and turn signal combo in the front....this rig looks awesome....although I had gotten them on good deal they are very expensive.....I had to replace some of the bulbs from when I had taken them out of my old 91....and the cost on them was 40.00 a bulb...and the power supply I had checked on was 299.99 and I said it ever goes to hell I will no longer have them on my truck.....plus the cost of the wires....to run to each bulb and power supply aren't cheap either.....how ever it does cost more to buy each componant you can how ever get this set up for a four bulb combo...it is available in the nortern tool catalog I believe the cost was right around 200.00 this is the power supply and the bulbs and the wires.....this is a really neat setup......good luck....dmaxster :cool:

NutNbutGMC
04-28-2002, 14:06
Max...D@mn it boy, don't leave us hanging... Geesh!!! Let's see some pics... :D smile.gif

dmaxster
04-28-2002, 14:29
leave emails and I will send them to you......after i take some though....thanks dmaxster :cool:

NutNbutGMC
04-28-2002, 14:52
Max,
Send pics to crb862@aol.com. I patiently await..... BUT HURRY! :D

tmg115
04-28-2002, 17:33
hey i would love to see some pics man. tmg115@hotmail.com

IndigoDually
04-28-2002, 17:40
I've got Sho Me strobes that are made by Nova which is a brand that is carried by AW Direct. They work nicely and I installed a switch ($60) that allows me to adjust the pattern and intensity with a single dial. I have blue strobes in the front marker lights and clear in the red stop lights and the amber turn signals in the rear. I have them switched so I can just turn on the rear ones that I use for snow plowing. This helps since the truck is so long, when backing out of driveways the lightbar on the Back-Rack is not always visible.

NutNbutGMC
04-28-2002, 17:53
^...Max, If you'll send the pics to me, I'll post them, and host them, on my web site, for all to see. smile.gif

dmaxster
04-28-2002, 18:02
Thanks nut....I will try to get these early this week....if everything works out I will do it tomorrow....it only takes a couple of min. so ASAP is what you'll get and thanks for the offer on post and host....I'll take you up on it....Thanks Dave :cool:

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: dmaxster ]</p>

Bmacs
04-29-2002, 15:13
Dmaxster,

Where did you mount the control box/power supply? I'm having a %$tch of a time finding a place where you can mount it AND run all the wires to the 4 corners of the truck (a CC LONGBOX!!). I already have my radios and power inverter mounted under the rear seat.

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: Bmacs ]</p>

dmaxster
04-29-2002, 15:45
I have mine on the ledge behind the seat.....now I have an extended cab, however this should not make a differance.....I am going to take pics tonight and send them to nut.....so hopefully it'll all be done and up maybe as soon as tomorrow....I have to get my brother-inlaws dig, camera....so I'll be sending you pics later tonite nut......I will have pics of them on and working.....pics of them in the lite housings and how I ran the wires and where I mounted the power supply......dmaxster :cool:

NutNbutGMC
04-29-2002, 17:24
^...Patiently waiting........ But HURRY!!! :D (just kidding)

dmaxster
04-29-2002, 19:15
hey nut,
I had sent them at 8:15 CST ....hope got them....I had included some pics of the race car....I had also tried to get some pics with the strobes on, but they wouldn't show up at all so didn't send them.....I hope that they alright.....If you got questions just ask....thanks dmaxster... :cool: :D tongue.gif smile.gif

NutNbutGMC
04-29-2002, 19:26
^..Not in my mailbox as of 8:30PM CDST. I patiently await.
crb862@aol.com

dmaxster
04-29-2002, 19:37
yeah yeah it's still coming, it's on the verge of almost down loaded I have 8 pics for you.....dmaxster :cool: :rolleyes:

dmaxster
04-29-2002, 21:03
Well guys here it is.......dmaxster.....compliments to Nut....

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=440093&]Strobe Lights
and Fun Machines

:D :D :cool:

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: dmaxster ]

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: dmaxster ]

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: dmaxster ]</p>

dmaxster
05-10-2002, 09:47
well what do you guys think??????dmaxster