PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Z71 Airdam pics......finally

Pendlum
04-28-2002, 21:10
Okay, so I've been lazy in getting these pictures out. Definite improvement over the stock. Went with after market lights. They are 55 watters versus the factory 37's.

http://users2.ev1.net/~jpendlum/

Haven't changed out the bulbs to match the headlights, but will soon.

Silver Bullet
04-29-2002, 10:13
looks great...what did the total price tag run?

Pendlum
04-29-2002, 12:09
Total was around $200 when all said and done. Had to make a custom mount for the lights, but Home Depot is the perfect place for parts.

LPGTRUCKER
05-09-2002, 22:02
2003 designer
With ideas like that you must have had input into designing the 03. All kidding aside I must admit it seems to beef up the truck with the suttle plastic look. A tougher look. Keep them ideas rollin.

Pendlum
05-09-2002, 23:03
That's what I thought too. It makes the front end a little more aggressive looking. I still would like to do the whole HD front end conversion, but that would be after the lift goes in. I really like the hood, grill and bumper from the HD's, plus it would be a fun project.

konacat
05-10-2002, 14:20
Pendlum,

Nice truck! Thanks for all the detail on your web site it may be very helpful. Of course, I know you are so busy with the web site that you find little time to race your car. I will be happy to drive out there and take over the racing duty for you. Only got to race one time and that was Orlando World Speedway in a late model with FASCAR. Learned that when your spotter say "go high" then says "go low" followed by "it doesn't matter" your in trouble. Finished 8th out of 15 and on the lead lap. Could have done better but found during practice I could stretch and reach the brake ok. While racing I found it more difficult to stretch and press down with just the toes. Anyway, thanks for such a detailed site. Many of the members will appreciate the work.
Phil

NutNbutGMC
05-10-2002, 20:22
^...Nice machine, for a Chevy ... :D
Excellent web page. Thanks for sharing. Sound deadening is next on my list.

Fatdaddy
05-20-2002, 15:29
Pendlum

Where are you located? That picture of the Z71 Tahoe airdam before picture looks like the place where I live.