PDA

View Full Version : I want to get rid of my antenna...any ideas

Pendlum
04-28-2002, 21:18
Took the truck to the carwash the other day (I know, but I didn't have time and it really needed a wash bad) and they forgot to put the antenna back, it was in the front seat. Right away I noticed that looking out the front was better.
I'm not saying the antenna is that much of a block, but I definitely like the look of no antenna.
Any ideas of using something else as an antenna?

hickcox
04-28-2002, 22:25
I've been looking for a power antenna myself, so I can apply the Rain-X a little easier.
Even while standing on a stool it's kind of a pain.

Pendlum
04-28-2002, 23:01
I know what you mean. I'm waiting for the day when I'm washing the truck, slip and take out the antenna.
I always think about that when I'm wiping off the windshield.

odoh
04-28-2002, 23:51
Back in the '70s, one could purchase a windshield antenna at any of the discount stores. It consisted of a small wire and clear tape to hold it to the upper windshield. It required that the radio trimmer/padder be retuned but it worked real well on a '61 ford galaxie wagon I had at the time. Dunno if'n they're still available.

It would be nice if there were an after market rear window w/etched wiring like the defogger but non-resistive/attenuative that could serve as an integrated antenna. ~ odoh

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

AKDmax
04-29-2002, 00:28
How about a command start antenna?

NutNbutGMC
04-29-2002, 05:06
^... XM radio. I never use AM or FM frequencies anymore, thus, the antenna is in the garage.

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

chane
04-29-2002, 14:42
I have been wanting either a power antenna or a shorter billet antenna because mine always hits the garage door. I am about ready to take the wire cutters to it!

You guys seen a shorter black billet antenna?

ThePend
04-29-2002, 14:49
You might want to check Crutchfield to see if they have a motorized antenna that fits these trucks.