PDA

View Full Version : Recycled soda can bumper REPLACED!

GBurton
04-29-2002, 08:45
I installed my Ranch Hand replacement bumper on Saturday. I think I know where all of the recycled soda can go. They are sold to the folks who make stock bumper for cars and trucks. I was very surprised at the lack of material in the factory bumper. I can pick the complete front factory bumper, air dam, fog lights and all, with one hand. If the rear bumper is made the same, I can understand way it has a dent in it. Rear Ranch Hand bumber is on order.

Installation was a snap and I did most of the work by myself - and a fork lift smile.gif Using a fork lift, engine hoist, big tree branch or some other method of lifting it is a very good idea. You can do it with the help of two GOOD friends, I would not want it dropped on me.

Looks, well I will admit that I was a bit concerned about the size when I ordered it. I had to make my decision bassed just on photos from some of the folks on here who have posted pictures of their trucks. Now that it is on the truck I am pleased with the looks. Yes, it is very noticable but compared with any of the other brush guards that I have seen there is no other choice. I weight 250 pounds and I can sit on the outside ends of the headlight protectors. Try that with one of the bolt together brush guards.

George

pullinpower
04-30-2002, 06:23
Glad you like it gburton,now watch as people try to get out of your way :D

OilMan
05-02-2002, 13:04
Yes, don't bump anything with the factory bumpers - they are just big pieces of trim.
Love my full replacement bumpers, also. Certified them to be deer-proof a few months ago.

TXDMAX
05-02-2002, 14:40
THey are also Toyota proof! I took off the front end of a Landcruiser about a week ago when he ddecided to not turn in a designated turn lane. No one was hurt but I did notice the New York tags. Poor guy had to just pick it up and put in the back. Didn't harm mine a bit. :D :D