PDA

View Full Version : bug deflector that deflects bugs

biker Wayne
03-27-2003, 08:48
Anyone using a bug deflector on an '02 2500HD that keeps the bugs off the windshield? During the summer every 4 hours or fuel stop I have to scrap the bugs off the windshield. Sure would be nice to have some of them deflected before they hit the windshield.
Thanks.

CanadaKev
03-27-2003, 12:32
Wayne,
A 'bug deflector' is a bit of an 'oxymoron'.
They may keep bugs off your hood, but there isn't a bug deflector on the market that can create enough wind shear to actually deflect bugs away from your windsheild ;) JMHO

Kev

ps. Do I have one? Yup.
Why? Good question. :D

johns
03-28-2003, 08:00
The old fashioned flat deflectors did a fairly good job. I'm not talking about the one that are contoured to match the lines of the hood, but the ones that stick straight up. Not very pretty, but they were pretty effective.

a64pilot
03-28-2003, 09:33
I've got one too, and while it dosen't keep bugs off of the windshield it does keep the rock chips off of the flat (front) portion of the hood ;)

MABurns
03-28-2003, 09:38
Just look at a big truck to see what works, and it is not the small plastic type!!

Protect the hood a little, sure.....keep kamakazee bugs off the windshield...you need this:

http://www.wingmaster.com/images/wings.gif

Colorado Kid
03-28-2003, 11:13
THe stand up kind I had my my'83 S-10 kept the bug off all but about the top 6" of windshield, but at a price...knocked top speed down about 5 MPH and burned more fuel...also had to run the blower on high to get noticable flow through the heater and at any speed over 30 MPH the washer fluid would hit the hood instead of the windshield.

The only bug deflectors I have on my 2002 are the Lucerix mirrors which deflect the bigger ones right onto the side window. :(