PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats--Order Them or Not?

TxDoc
07-18-2002, 17:03
If you have a seatcover, can you feel any heat thru them? As long as your paying $750 or so on reclining buckets, is there any reason not to spend two hundred or so extra and get the heated ones?
Thanks

ccds
07-18-2002, 18:09
I love my heated seats....wouldn't be without them but is individual choice...

smile.gif

letsgo
07-18-2002, 18:10
Those heated seats will fry your a$$ in the high position I have only used them a couple of times in low , to uncomfortable they came with the leather seats as standard in the SLT PACKAGE.
I would not buy with the (heaters) only the leather buckets.

GMC 2002 DURAMAX SLT EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD 4X4 AUTO

mdadgar
07-18-2002, 19:04
The seat heaters work GREAT to keep the pizza warm on your way home.

Recommended. smile.gif

- Mark

Silver Bullet
07-18-2002, 19:26
Doc,
I wasn't overly excited about 'em when I got 'em on my 99 Z-71, but that soon changed! Not only do they warm your arse, but the lumbar heats up as well...it can be very relaxing. I use it in the winter all the time and even in the summer! I think it is a must for cold natured women too!!! It makes the A/C blowin' 60 below a little easier to take! :D

I am on my second truck with it and I don't plan on going without out it again.

AKDmax
07-18-2002, 20:11
Just make sure you don't Phart while they're turned on. Puuu!!! LOL!!!
On the serious side, I have ridden in trucks with heated seats. Even when it's -40 I really didn't like them, but I'm not a big fan of leather in vehicles anyway. They seemed to be too hot on high and too cold on low. That was in a Yukon so the P.U.'s may be different, but I doubt it.

IndigoDually
07-18-2002, 21:02
I bought my truck off the lot. If I spec'd a truck I probably would not have gotten them. Now that I have had them, won't live without them. Keeps wifey warmer so A/C can be colder and heat does not have to be turned up as much.

John

motovet
07-18-2002, 23:53
I only use mine in the winter to warm up the cold seat before I get in. They are a bit warm for me to use while driving. My wife however uses it all the time. Ms. Doc would probably like the option.

NickLeinonen
07-19-2002, 05:50
if you get the leather [faced :rolleyes: ] seating, the heat is a real nice thing to have. i have leather facing in my tahoe, and it is real cold in the winter to sit on, especially if your shirt rides up and you get bare back on the cold leather.... oh that is an unpleasent experience. for fabric seats, it is nice, but not necessary

Kennedy
07-19-2002, 06:26
Got 'em, love 'em, wouldn't be without 'em, BUT I would like to see some sort of reostat control as high can be too high, and low too low...

I have covers on all but MY seat, and yes you can feel the heat through the passengers cover.

gardnerteam
07-19-2002, 07:43
Have very heavy seat covers over leather heated buckets and you can fry your butt in about 30 seconds. Agree with Kennedy that a reostat would be nice. Last December was in Great Falls Montana at 35 below when started truck in the early AM. Heated seats were a lifesaver. Order them - they are worth it even if you only use it once. I also have a back problem, and often turn the heat on high for a minute during normal weather to help alleviate it. Now if they would just make a massager available with the truck. You know the type, about 25, green eyes, and strong hands. Oh well, fantasyland.

sonofagun
07-19-2002, 14:32
TxDoc,

I like them. It doesn't get too cold in San Antonio but the wife doesn't like the interior air as cool as I do. Our compromise is her electric seat. They work great when we go to Utah in the spring and it is really cold. I use mine in S.A. those few days it is in the 20 - 40 degree range.

Good luck,
Bob

SoCalDieselNewbie
07-19-2002, 14:51
Gardnerteam,

Sorry but right now... I don't know where I can find a massager for your truck.

25 & Green eyes?

Funny, mine came with a 21 yr old with the most amazing brown eyes. If you are really tense, she'll start singing during the massage.

Anyway, I'll ask around for you... would you accept 23 or 24?

I am a dirty old man @ 31... AND I LOVE IT!

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDieselNewbie ]</p>